Hubforjobs is a job board and we are looking for interest to help our Backend team. If you are interested and have experience, please apply for this job and we can get you started right away.
About Hubforjobs, Hubforjobs offers job openings in every industry and all levels from entry to executive, and for every lifestyle, including freelance, part-time, internships, and full-time work. Candidates can look for jobs by title and area, as well as income range, posting date, and experience level.
Are you interested in software engineering? Learn about how to use your skills to directly and ethically impact the experience of thousands of patients every day and around the world! We are looking for a student or a new graduate interested in Backend Engineering with interest in working on real-life systems that support dashboards and tools that nurses and hospital administrators will use.
What You'll Do
Our internship programs are not conventional. You’ll dive right into the heart of major projects, working with our team of passionate people, helping us create the next amazing feature. You will make a real impact on our business, and the world.
Your contributions will make a significant impact on how hospitals deliver care for their patients, ultimately reducing the burden of healthcare workers while saving patient's lives.
In particular, you will help design Ouva's backend infrastructure that receives streaming data from machine learning modules, processes and delivers it to web interfaces and other end devices. This means, you will get to see how we make decisions on what languages, frameworks we will use, help deliver prototypes on your decisions and ultimately build minimal, working, production-quality systems.
Who You Are
You’re creative. You’re organized. You want to do this and you absolutely want to do it for us. We’re not looking for a superhero who thinks sheer hours = good work. Excess doesn’t impress us – creativity and efficiency do. You’ll have 8 hours a day to work, and, we hope, at least 8 hours a night to sleep.
Then, you are a student with interest in building live, flexible data-driven systems. You care deeply about bringing your unique engineering mind into creating a considerate and sustainable team. You are autonomous - a manager of one. You will take full ownership of your work, and you assume the responsibility for every detail, every step of the way.
- 3rd- or 4th- year students in Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Strong understanding of OO design and Java programming,
- Passionate about learning new technologies,
- Interest in at least one: Spring/SpringBoot, SQL, NoSQL, Apache Kafka, Docker,
- You have some understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms,
- You want to learn how to build, deploy, and/or host images and containers,
- You care about quality and you want to learn what it means to ship high-quality code.
- Familiarity with RESTful or GraphQL services.
- Familiarity with cutting-edge technologies to help us deliver an efficient and scalable system such as Redis, gRPC, Kafka, Kubernetes, etc.
This is a 2,000 TL/month paid internship.
We work remotely and asynchronously, and that is why we are looking for a manager of one. But you will need to overlap for a few hours with San Francisco time in your normal work-day routine - this may mean a few hours of meetings in the evening depending on your time zone - we do our best to keep them short. We can provide you with space outside of your home to work if you need to (e.g. co-working offices), or help get your home to be more accommodating to work.
We do not trap people in front of their screens or lock them in overtime. Just the opposite. We’re all about reasonable working hours and ample vacation time.
How To Apply
We want to get a sense of how you think and work. To that end, please be prepared to share with us your take on the following:
- Tell us what you know about streaming data challenges. How would you begin to approach figuring out where we stand with our technology, and where we should be standing?
- Chart us an example of a modern streaming backend stack that can support the needs of modern applications (for alerting, insight generation, and frontend interfaces)?
- What technologies inspired you recently? What backend technologies are you the most excited about?
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Ouva is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
We value great writers, so take your time with the application and put thought into your cover letter if you are writing one, but keep it fewer than 1500 words. Tell us why you want this job, not just any job.
We can’t wait to hear from you!