Boost Technology - In early 2020 we started with an idea: to power growth for millions of retail entrepreneurs in the convenience economy with a B2B commerce platform. Then Covid arrived, creating a tipping point for digitisation. Within six months, Boost was operating in three of Africa’s most important economies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an exceptional execution leader, entrepreneur, and team player who shares our passion for enabling small business entrepreneurs and digitising supply chains.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Designing a scale up strategy and plan with Boost’s Nigeria and global platform founders.
- Working with the CEO to translate strategy into prioritised execution plans and key results.
- Building and managing a team of outstanding executors committed to customer success.
- Leading the roll-out of the Boost Platform with our digitisation partners, supporting them to drive uptake and experience early wins, coaching their teams on how best to extract value from the Boost platform and relationship.
- Leading the roll-out of Stock Boosts (embedded working capital financing) with our partners. This involves mapping processes and working with our partners to master customer on-boarding and repayment processes. No credit experience is required but it is nice to have.
- Supporting our product team with the testing and development of new product features.
- Driving a data-driven and accountability focused culture within the business.
- Liaising with the Boost Platform team to access the resources required by the Nigeria team to succeed.
- You will work collaboratively with and be supported by the Boost Platform team, with an expectation that you will take full ownership of the role as an executive leader of Boost Nigeria.
These virtues should strongly resonate with you and are the foundations of the company we will build together:
- Be purpose-driven: You should be motivated by the potential to enable MSMEs to thrive in the digital economy.
- Be tenacious: When faced with adversity, you relentlessly persevere until you find a solution.
- Be compassionate: You are able to empathise with others to feel their pain and then take actionable steps to deliver solutions that alleviate it.
- Be whole: You live to work and achieve results, but you take care of your well-being.
- Be good: You are always your honest, authentic self who does the right thing, even when under pressure.
You should have a demonstrated track record:
- Working 5+ years in a key operational role within Nigerian FMCG supply chains, with a strong preference working with global manufacturers (e.g. Unilever)
- Building and managed high performing dispersed teams
- System and process analysis and documentation
- Finance and administration management (including outsourced)
We’re Looking For Someone Who:
- Believes finding innovative solutions for building efficiency in the informal economy is the future
- Is keen, and bright with curiosity as their superpower
- Is passionate about retail, has their finger on the pulse of retail trends across B2B
- Has experience managing field sales representatives serving last mile B2B customers
- Can negotiate payment terms and discounts with suppliers and manufacturers
- Can procure products from distributors and manage end-to-end supply chains
- Can turn an idea into detailed action plans with clear performance metrics and accountability
- Knows how to build and manage relationships with corporate partners
- Is hands-on and execution-focused, with an ability to continuously assess, prioritise, and complete tasks in a dynamic environment where speed of execution trumps perfection
- Is hypothesis-driven and aims to continuously experiment, fail, learn, and discover new and better ways of doing things.
- Is comfortable with technology and eager to learn and test software solutions.
- Loves being in the field with sales teams, distributors, and fulfilment partners
- Feels equally comfortable in a boardroom
You should possess these ways of thinking and behaving:
- Data-driven, pragmatic executor who can marry the big picture with the details and apply a rational, data-driven approach to problem solving.
- Ability to continuously assess, prioritise, and achieve key results in a dynamic startup environment where speed of execution trumps perfection.
- A love for working in the field with customers to understand their perspectives and unlock bottlenecks that help them achieve their goals.
- Consummate supporter and team player with a strong bias towards “how” to accomplish an objective as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- A relentless pursuit to build for scale with an asset-zero and partnership / outsource mentality to achieve objectives with the lowest possible headcount and opex.
- Highly self-aware of strengths and weaknesses and embraces failure as an opportunity for learning and growth.
Application Closing Date