A welder is a specialist who assembles metal components or fixes damage to components using large apparatus that generates intense heat, melting the metals into place. Based on our research, we discovered that the word welding jobs near me are frequently searched for across search engines. This is because most people willing to do welding jobs prefer one close to them.
Before we proceed, let’s have an overview of the job description of a welder
Job Description Of A Welder
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers, etc., and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
The core duties of a welder are:
- Reading blueprints and drawings and taking measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determining the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Setting up components for welding according to specifications
Welding Jobs Near Me
Are you an experienced welder or looking for an entry level welding job? We have provided one below. You can head over to Hubforjobs to search for more.
Welder / Fabricator – Proforce Limited
- Interprete and build from sketches, photos, video, or other media as assigned by Technical Director.
- Lay out steel construction efficiently and with a high degree of accuracy before welding.
- Measuring, cutting, and bending steel components for construction.
- Steel cleaning and cleaning supervision when working with scene shop interns.
- Operation of one or all of the following equipment; MIG welder, drill press, horizontal band saw, portable band saw, abrasive saw, angle grinder, roller bender, tap & die.
- Participate in scenic transfers to and from warehouses, stores, and scape yards as needed.
- Participation in all show load-ins and load-outs.
- Work in a safe, efficient, and organized manner.
- Any other tasks as requested by the Production Manager.
- Diploma in a relevant course / Welder vocational training certification
- Trade Test Qualification
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- General (Mig) welding, and brazing experience.
- Ability to operate mechanical, hydraulic, and metalworking equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of automotive industry safety specifications and regulations.
- Physically fit and able to operate heavy machinery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Availability to work overtime when needed.
Click here to apply
welding jobs near me
mg welding jobs near me
entry level welding jobs near me
pipe welding jobs near me
why arent there welding jobs near me
welders near me
welding near me
welding shops near me