NGO Jobs in Nigeria is one of the most lucrative. Aside from the fact that they are highly rewarding, NGO Jobs in Nigeria also guarantee you that much-needed exposure that could help you advance your career.
NGO Jobs In Nigeria And How To Apply
Every day, different NGOs across Nigeria publish new job openings for different roles. On www.hubforjobs.com, you can get the latest NGO job openings from time to time. Our platform makes it easy for you to apply for NGO jobs in Nigeria. Sign up on the website to receive regular information about NGO job vacancies in Nigeria.
Here are some of our most recently published NGO jobs in Nigeria
Conservation Education Officer – Wildlife Conservation Society
- Develop a conservation education outreach strategy for WCS in Yankari.
- Establish and support school conservation clubs in all support zone villages surrounding Yankari Game Reserve.
- Organize an annual World Environment Day event in collaboration with local partners, rangers, and communities.
- Organize regular community meetings to address local environmental issues and seek local solutions.
- Develop an outreach program in local communities based on regular film shows.
- Develop and implement a monitoring program to evaluate the impacts of the education program.
- Assist with the development and production of educational materials.
- Support the work of the WCS radio program in Bauchi State.
- Work with school conservation clubs to promote awareness of conservation through field trips, exchange visits, discussion groups, art competitions, essay writing, quizzes, debates, etc.
- Work with school conservation clubs to encourage active participation in conservation such as the establishment of tree nurseries and the planting of trees etc.
- Relevant University Degree preferably in education or natural resource management.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in education or natural resource management.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with diverse people.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision.
- Pro-active, stable, and robust character and a good team-player
- Full professional proficiency in English and Hausa.
- Ability to develop clear goals and identify priority activities and assignments
- Demonstrated experience in education and community outreach.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates, who meet the above qualifications, skills, and experience, should send their detailed Application / Cover Letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three (3) references to: [email protected] using “Yankari Conservation Education Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Public Affairs Assistant – U.S. Consulate General
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 07. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required:
- 25% or less
- Travel for work-related duties.
- Under the general supervision of the EducationUSA Advising Supervisor, the incumbent works with all EducationUSA Advisers at American Spaces, Corners, and Windows to be able to carry out general advising duties.
- The incumbent serves as an information source on the Nigerian education system and a point of contact for U.S. higher education representatives, Consular officers.
- Host country government officials and others engaged in the field of international education.
- The incumbent provides accurate, comprehensive, and current advice, and counseling on educational opportunities in the United States for groups and individuals.
- Incumbent assists to draw up the annual strategic plan and budget for the three EducationUSA Advising Centers in Southern Nigeria.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- A University Degree in Education, Management, International Relations, Language, or Marketing is required.
- Note: NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in a multinational educational or cultural work environment, with education, communication, marketing, and public outreach duties as significant parts of the job.
- Good knowledge of U.S. foreign policy and American interests as they apply to the host country and especially to the Public sector. Detailed knowledge of the U.S. higher education system and good knowledge of the U.S. political system, American history, literature, culture, and geography.
- Good understanding of the full range of PD tactics and tools designed to engage Education outreach audiences, strategic objectives, assessment methods, and outcomes, as well as knowledge of the multiple Public Diplomacy resource streams and related restrictions.
- Good knowledge of the structure and standards of the educational system in both Nigeria and the United States.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluency in speaking/reading / writing English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- The position requires the following: good public speaking and communication skills; knowledge of social media marketing; ability to draft written reports; basic accounting skills using Microsoft Excel to balance budgets; demonstrated problem-solving skills; ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities quickly and effectively, and good interviewing skills to obtain relevant information.
- Familiarity with financial planning and willingness to travel is required. Position requires knowledge of various computer software programs, specifically Microsoft Word, and Excel, and the ability to use agency-specific software, databases, and reporting tools; and must be able to use social media and mobile platforms, Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs), podcast creation, basic photo, and video tools.
- Must be able to lift moderately heavy items/boxes (books/promotional items) to 25kg.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on the letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
NGN6,445,212 (USD $38,894) Annually.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and/or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption Document
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable).
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria
To find more NGO jobs in Nigeria, CLICK HERE
Sign Up to Hubforjobs.com Today, and avail yourself stress the unending stress of getting an NGO job that suits you. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates.
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs