If you are interested in finding out how much INEC pays its employees, you are in the right place as this article provides in full detail the salary structure of INEC jobs. Before we proceed let us find out what INEC as a body is all about. INEC history, Primary responsibilities and more…
Brief Details About INEC
INEC is a acronym for independent national electoral commission. It is a body saddled with the responsibilty of conducting free, fair and credible elections in Nigeria. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to organize elections into various political offices in the country.
Core Duties Of INEC
The major responsiblity of INEC are as follows:
- Organize, carry out, and oversee all elections for the positions of president and vice president, governor and deputy governor of a state, and members of the senate, house of representatives, and house of assembly in each of the federation’s 50 states.
- Register political parties in compliance with the National Assembly Act and Constitutional laws
- Keep an eye on how the political parties are set up and run, including their finances, conventions, congresses, and primary elections.
- Set up an annual audit and inspection of the money and accounts of political parties, and publish a report on that audit and examination for the benefit of the general public
- Arrange for and carry out the registration of eligible voters, as well as create, manage, and update the voter list in preparation for any election under this constitution
- Keep an eye on political campaigns and offer guidelines for political parties to follow
- Promote civic and voter education by spreading awareness about fair democratic election procedures and Organize any referendum that is necessary to be held in accordance with a provision of the 1999 Constitution or any other law or National Assembly Act.
Salary Structure Of INEC Jobs
School leavers are placed on Grade Level (GL 04) and they earn between 376,194 Naira to 497,000 Naira annually
Diploma certificate holders are placed on Grade Level (GL 07) and they earn between 638,133 Naira to 961,577 Naira annually
Entry-level for graduates is Grade Level (GL 08). Entry-level graduates at INEC earn between 799,421 Naira to 1,174,395 Naira per annum
Directors are on Grade Level (GL 14) with an annual salary of 1,503,149 Naira to 2,101,600 Naira per annum.
Salary structure for INEC AD-HOC Workers
Supervisory Presiding Officers (SPO) at INEC are placed on GL 10 – 14 earning between 1,060,833 Naira to 2,101,600 Naira annually
The presiding officer (PO) / Assistant Presiding officer (APO) are on GL 07 earning between 638,133 Naira to 961,577 Naira annually.
Registration Area Center (RAC) Managers are on GL 07. They earn between 638,133 Naira to 961,577 Naira per annum.
Registration Area Technical Support (RATECH) officers are on GL 07 earning between 638,133 Naira to 961,577 Naira per year.
Officials also receive the following allowances for elections
Honoraria – 7000 Naira
Feeding – 1000 Naira at 500 Naira per day
Transport to LGA – 3000 Naira per person
Training Allowance – 3000 Naira
Log on to Hubforjobs.com and start applying for jobs that suit you. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @hubforjobs