Looking for NAFDAC jobs? you are on the right page. The topmost question on the mind of those who wish to work with the government agency is how much are NAFDAC employees paid. Well, we got all that covered in this article as we will be taking a look at the salary structure of NAFDAC.
Brief Details About NAFDAC
To combat illegal or fake goods in Nigeria, NAFDAC was established in 1993. NAFDAC was established by Nigeria’s 1993 health and safety law. The agency was established in other to deal with the country’s significant challenges of adulteration of food, medicines, cosmetics, medical equipment, chemicals, bottled water, and other consumables.
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control Act, Cap. N1 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004, is the successor of Decree 15 of 1993, which founded NAFDAC and revised it by Decree 19 of 1999.
What Is The Full Meaning Of NAFDAC
NAFDAC is an acronym for the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.It is a federal government agency that reports to the Federal Ministry of Health. Its duties include policing the production, distribution, sale, use, advertisement, and use of food, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, medical equipment, chemicals, and bottled water.
Duties of NAFDAC include:
- Collating uniform requirements, legislation, and instructions for food, medicines, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals development, importation, manufacture, sale, and distribution.
- Regulating the export from Nigeria of food, medicines, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals. It also provides certificates for these goods of quality assurance.
- Conducting satisfactory checks and maintaining conformity with uniform requirements established and accepted by the NAFDAC Council for successful quality control of food, medications, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled liquid, and chemicals.
- Performing audits of imported foods, medicines, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals as well as developing a comprehensive program for quality assurance.
The primary roles of NAFDAC are:
- Regulate or monitor the production, produce, manufacture, advertising, supply, selling, and use of pharmaceutical goods, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled liquid, and chemical products
- Compile typical requirements, legislation, and instructions for food, medicines, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals development, manufacture, export, sale, and distribution
- Document nutrition, medications, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals.
Salary Structure of NAFDAC
Based on estimates, new hires at NAFDAC earn between 70,000 and 90,000 Naira monthly after-tax deductions (excluding allowances).
The annual salary for a NAFDAC employee in Grade Level 7 is 1,073,217 Naira before tax and pension deductions which rounds up to around 89,434 per month.
A NAFDAC staff on Grade Level 8 receives an annual salary of 1,247,854 Naira before tax and pension deductions which round up to around 103,987 Naira per month.
The truth is that NAFDAC employees are also eligible for certain allowances in addition to their base wages. These benefits, however, are based on several factors, including the post held, the location, and the year of service, among others.
Log on to Hubforjobs.com today to start applying for other jobs that suit you. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @hubforjobs