Professionals known as medical assistants carry out clinical and administrative duties in clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare settings. They collaborate with doctors and other medical professionals to carry out activities like filling out insurance documents or giving patients clinical care as needed. Based on our research, we found out that the phrase medical assistant jobs near me is frequently searched for across search engines. This is because most people willing to do this job prefer one close to them.
Before we proceed, let us have an overview of the job description of a medical assistant.
Job Description Of A Medical Assistant
- Interview patients and document basic medical history
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Update and file medical records and insurance reports
- Arrange hospital admissions and laboratory services
- Check with patients and type up patient charts
- Assist during medical examinations
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Handle receivable and payable accounts and keep financial records
- Prepare and clean treatment rooms and medical instruments
Medical Assistant Jobs Near Me
If you need a medical assistant job near you, below we have provided some. You can also head over to Hubforjobs to search for more.
Medical Assistants – Nigerian Navy
- SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology / Health Science, and Physics.
Application Guidelines / Qualifications
Candidates are advised to read the following instructions thoroughly before completing the Nigerian Navy online Recruitment Form. Any incomplete or wrongly completed Form will be rejected and will not be processed:
- Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria by birth.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years by February 2023 for School Certificate holders and 18 – 26 years for those with higher qualifications such as Nurses, NCE, OND, drivers, etc.
- Applicants must not be married or have children.
- Applicants must be free from any previous criminal conviction by a court of law.
- Applicants with any of the following medical/physical challenges are NOT to apply: Sight problems, ear problems, communicable diseases, mental problems, stammering, or any physical disability. Applicants who have tattoos are also not to apply.
- Applicants must not be below the height of 1.69 meters for males and 1.650 meters for females.
- Applicants are required to possess any of the following educational/professional qualifications (As applicable to the role you are applying for)
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination Certificate (not more than 2 sittings and not older than 6 years from the date of application, also applicable to subparagraphs 2 – 5)
- General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level
- National Examination Council (NECO).
- National Business and Technical Examinations (NABTEB).
- WAEC City and Guilds or London City and Guild.
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- Any other educational qualification is equivalent to those mentioned above.
- Applicants would be required to produce their primary school leaving certificate at the selection interview.
- All applicants must indicate/provide their National Identification Number (NIN).
- Any other additional qualifications in these categories can only serve as an added advantage for selection into the Branch and shall not attract any extra advantage whatsoever.
- Applicants with other educational/professional qualifications higher than those stated in paragraphs 1 – 7 are not to apply.
- Applicants are warned that it is an offense to present false or forged documents for Recruitment.
- Certificates or qualifications not declared or tendered and accepted during the Recruitment exercise are not acceptable after recruitment and cannot be tendered for change of department or advancement while already in the Nigerian Navy.
- Only qualifications obtained under proper service provisions are acceptable while in the Nigerian Navy.
- Applicants are required to print out the Parent/Guardian consent Form and Local Government Attestation Form which must be properly completed, endorsed, and presented during the interview.
- Applicants must come to the recruitment centers with the following documents:
- Photocopies of Birth Certificate or Age Declaration.
- Photocopies of Credentials.
- Duly completed Identification Form must be signed by the Chairman or Secretary of the Applicant’s LGA or by an officer of the rank of Commander and above (or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Air Force) or Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) and above who hails from the Applicant’s State of Origin.
- Duly completed Parent/Guardian Consent Form signed by Applicant’s Parent or Guardian.
- Four (4) passport photographs duly signed and stamped at the back by (c) above.
- Candidates are to bring the scratch cards of their NECO and WAEC results to the recruitment centers.
Click here to apply
Looking for other jobs? log on to Hubforjobs.com today, and avail yourself stress the unending stress of getting a job that suits you. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs