A lab technician is a specialist who is involved in all facets of laboratory work, from data collection to equipment upkeep. They are in charge of several duties that must adhere to rigid rules and regulations, such as preserving the precision and effectiveness of studies and maintaining lab order. In this post, we will be taking a close look at laboratory technician jobs in Nigeria.
Laboratory Technician Jobs
The core responsibilities of a lab technician include:
- Receiving, labeling, and analyzing samples (blood, toxic, tissue, etc.)
- Designing and executing laboratory testing according to standard procedures
- Conducting experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
Every day, lab technicians examine and test material for scientists. Additionally, they play a crucial part in keeping track of the findings so that they may be reported back on when the time comes. Receiving, examining, and testing samples are the responsibilities of lab technicians. They use this data to compile reports that aid their managers in determining the course of action for the Scientist or Chemist.
Since most of a lab technician’s daily work involves chemistry, biology, or physiology, they need to have a strong background in science and research. Although thorough knowledge of these topics is required, enthusiasm is what makes them excellent at what they do. Working alongside or above a lab assistant, who helps conduct tests and analysis for chemists and scientists, is a lab technician. Assistants perform identical tasks as technicians, while technicians conduct more thorough research.
Job Description Of A Lab Technician
- Receive, label, and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue, etc.)
- Design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures, make observations, and interpret findings
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids, and compressed gases according to safety instructions
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
Skills And Requirements For A Lab Technician Job
- Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, infectious bacteria, biohazards, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures, and laboratory best practices
- Excellent physical condition and endurance
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Valid laboratory technician license
- Degree in biology, chemistry, or relevant field
Laboratory Technician Jobs
Laboratory Technician – Goteh Construction Company Limited
Position Overview / Responsibilities
- Collect samples according to the approved quality plan
- Assist in the analysis of raw materials, intermediate and finished samples.
- Carry out all construction sample testing, including sieves and moisture analysis of samples.
- Escalate any identified deviations from target quality standards promptly to the QA/QC officer and Project Engineer.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the laboratory operations and maintenance of lab equipment and instruments.
- Preparation of periodic lab analysis and activity reports
- Ensure effective housekeeping in the laboratory.
- Assist in the maintenance of ISO quality management systems in the unit.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in the civil and building industry.
- Previous experience with soil tests, concrete tests, and bitumen testing (highly regarded)
- Hands-on knowledge of modern laboratory equipment, sampling methods, and best practices
- Ability to follow procedures accurately and efficiently;
- Sound computer skills and ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices.
- A personal commitment to continuous self-development.
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE
Consultant Radiologist – Lily Hospitals Limited
Key Result Areas (KRA)
Clinical Service Delivery:
- To supervise and be responsible for the clinical work and keeping of records staff attached to his/her department in the hospital.
- Undertake and report on radiological diagnostic and interventional procedures where appropriate for the expertise and when credentialing requirements are met.
- Provide expert advice to referring clinicians on the most appropriate diagnostic investigations.
- Contribute to quality patient care by participating in case planning with other members of the patient medical team.
- Advise and support other radiology staff in the radiological process.
- Any other clinical directives that may be assigned to you by the head of the department from time to time.
- Ensure accomplishment of quality training in the department.
- Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care including ensuring discharge summaries and medico-legal correspondence are completed with no delay.
- Be aware of and adhere to all policies and procedures regarding clinical practice.
- Coordinates departmental activities with those of the hospital.
- Any other additional administrative responsibility that may be assigned to you by the head of the department from time to time.
- The job holder must have a license to practice medicine from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and should be a licensed Radiologist certified by the West African College of Surgeons or the National Postgraduate Medical College.
- 3 – 5 years cognate experience.
- The job holder must have good communication skills, a strong ability to work well under extreme pressure, self-discipline, and excellent long-term concentration.
- The job holder must have a working knowledge of global quality assurance, clinical audit principles, and processes and must exhibit a commitment toward continuous quality improvement.
- Familiarity with cultural and religious concerns of patients, and current legislation on patient rights.
- The job holder must portray a caring and professional manner in all aspects of work.
- Must show evidence of competence in the management of radiology cases and evidence of active participation in relevant research.
- In line with industry standard
- Other Allowances includes Medicals & Leave Allowance.
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE