Executes, aligned with global and regional strategies, all responsibilities regarding underwriting, including, but not limited to:
- Adoption of leading practices in credit analysis, underwriting, and monitoring, including the end-to-end underwriting process, from early origination discussions, to development of credit approval memos, and senior approval forums
- Ensure Credit Approval Memo (CAM) packages are complete and accurate
- Detailed reviews of financial data, projection modeling, stress testing, and other in-depth analysis performed by junior resources in IRAU (the ICG Risk Analysis Unit)
- Balance business opportunities within Citi’s Risk appetite framework
- Facilitate relationships with key clients in Banking and Risk and with key Regulators, Internal Audit, and control functions
- Support the ICM-UW leadership on strategic initiatives/projects
- Support Voice of the Employee initiatives
Specific Risk Experience:
- Senior credit approval authority (or similar designation) covering large and complex underwritings, capital commitments, and derivatives with multi-industry experience
- Experience in and exposure to global credit risk management standards. Ability to understand capital markets products and complex financing and product structures
- Ability to implement change and develop best practices throughout an organization.
- Ability to provide strategic insights and strong sensitivity to macro and regulatory issues, and impact of such issues on the various Risk families, including operational and franchise risks
- Able to discuss and address issues associated with the allocation of risk assets and risk capital in partnership with banking and product organizations
- Proven ability to effectively engage with regulators and internal control functions including Internal Audit and Fundamental Credit Risk as well as with external audit.
Client Relationships / Business Partnership:
- As part of the 1st Line of Defense, the ability to find the right balance that achieves the aims of the business while managing Citi’s risk appropriately
- Understanding the nuances of local markets, local regulation, and the capabilities and practices of competitors
- Navigate organizational complexity and break silos
- Create and sustain a network of strong partnerships with the business in all segments & geographies and risk functions
- Provide well-reasoned, balanced assessments of risk/return trade-offs associated with transactions and client relationships
- Proven track record of partnering with global peers in leveraging and implementation of best practices
- First Degree or equivalent in any discipline plus a relevant higher degree or professional qualification.
- Minimum of 15 years minimum post-graduation experience, out of which 10 years must have been within the Banking industry and a minimum of 2 years as an Assistant General Manager.
- Evidence of experience in at least three (3) major areas of banking operations.
- 10+ years of corporate banking, credit risk and/or corporate finance work experience at banks/financial institutions
- Candidates with less experience but outstanding track record could be consider for the role as VP/C13
- Senior Credit Officer designation (or similar) is preferred
- Demonstrates strong ethics and integrity
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ in a complex environment
- Can make decisions under pressure and short timeline
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Active listening skills.
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiating ability, resolve conflicts amongst various constituencies
- Excellent presentation skills – adept at presenting effectively to audiences of various sizes and various constituencies.
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities.