Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide technical oversight and quality control to a team of specialists who build the capacity of processing units to address specific constraints related to particular sections of cashew processing (raw cashew nut drying, warehousing, calibration, steam cooking, shelling, oven drying, peeling, grading, fumigation, packing, and storage)
- Compile, analyze, and report data on progress of processing units with key internal and external stakeholders
- Design the action-plan for improvement points based on the GAP analysis from information and data received from factories
- Ensure timely implementation, tracking, capturing, and reporting of the action plan and its final impact on the processing performance.
- Train and develop project staff as well as key participants of the broader cashew processing ecosystem
- Coordinate with different factories for technical training and support them to deliver curriculum for cashew processing operations
- Ensure that women and other disadvantaged groups are integrated into factory activities
- Support new processing units to procure and install proper equipment
- Support processing units to attain their traceability and certification objectives through the introduction of batch processing
- Support processors to implement improved environmental practices, including effective waste management
- Support existing local equipment repair services and manufacturers to improve their business offerings
- Support entrepreneurs to set up new equipment repair services and manufacturers in the project geography
- Support the establishment of processing units for cashew byproducts
- Represent TechnoServe and Prosper Cashew with processors and other industry stakeholders
- Lead, guide, and support team of process, quality, engineering specialists to achieve the targets
- Engage with external stakeholders to benefit the processors with regards to value enhancement and/or cost reduction.
- Ensure timely and quality data capturing, analysis, and reporting for internal and external reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in food processing, or Master’s degree with minimum 7 years of experience.
- Experience in food/cashew processing in Nigeria.
- A minimum of 5 years’ factory management experience including managing individuals and teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in manual and mechanized cashew processing units (3-15K MT capacity).
- Reporting Efficiencies
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills (GAP analysis, action plan design etc.)
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
- With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
- We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
- If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact the Human Resources at [email protected] or call +1 202 785 4515.