- The job holder will be responsible for the development and delivery of monitoring, tracking, and other digital tools necessary for the vaccine delivery effort. He/she is also expected to provide technical assistance to regional teams and implementing partners on digital tools.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Officer for Digital Systems will:
- Support the design and delivery of digital tools throughout the journey of vaccine delivery.
- Provide technical assistance on the digital tools architecture and implementation to regional teams and implementing partners.
- Setup financial tools and track and monitor financial spending using the tools.
- Develop technical specification and evaluation criteria for procurement of ICT software and hardware.
- Identify areas for improvement in the existing Africa CDC digital tools such as the CoVID-19 vaccination status dashboard.
- Provide technical assistance and support in the prototyping, testing, piloting, roll-out, administration, and maintenance of digital systems.
- Represent Africa CDC in a professional manner, which creates a positive image and enhances the credibility of the organisation.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Technical Assistance Team Lead
Qualifications and Skills required
- Master’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems and related fields.
- Candidates with at least 2 years of experience will be highly preferred. Or
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems and related fields.
- Candidates with at least 5 years of experience will be highly preferred.
- Experience in software development projects or related areas is required.
- Experience in ICT visualisation platforms such as DHIS2, Power BI, MS Project, etc.
- Experience in organising and delivering training courses within governmental organisations would be an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills, including word-processing capabilities, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications, and experience using office software applications such as MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and with external.
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with a profound team.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a culturally diverse team.
- Awareness of technological trends and applying necessary technology to the daily work when necessary.
- Adaptive, patient, resourceful, resilient, and flexible.
- Applicants must be proficient in at least one of the African Union working languages (English, French, Arabic, Spanish or Portuguese). Knowledge of two or more of African Union working languages would be an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract for three years, of which the first three months will be considered a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and fund availability
- Indicative basic salary of US$31,073 (AUP2Step 1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment of US$14,293.58 (46% of basic salary per annum), Housing allowance of US$22,932 per annum, Thus a total of US$68,298.58 per annum plus Gratuity of 15% of Gross salary per annum.