CANDIDATE’S PROFILE: Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of auditing in the financial service industry. Must have good investigative skills, analytical skills, pay attention to details, have good communication skills.
JOB OBJECTIVE (S):
To implement the Bank and audit division’s mandate relating to review and assessment of controls over the information systems, safeguard the Bank’s assets, ensure the completeness and accuracy of transaction records; and prevent/detect incidences of related frauds and irregularities.
- Supervise the review of all digital banking income lines using CAAT tools to ensure that all incomes are received accordingly.
- Review adequacy of existing control to give reasonable assurance that all possible income leakages are blocked.
- Prepare activity reports for the Group Head, Internal Audit and any other assigned functions.
- Design audit work plan for preliminary internal control review to determine the strength of the Internal Control.
- Assist in the development and revision/update of the annual IT audit strategy and work plan in conjunction with the Head, Corporate Audit and Compliance.
- Participate and supervise the process reviews/redesigns as well as systems upgrade/implementation efforts to ensure that appropriate system controls considerations are effectively taken on board and implemented.
- Monitor adequacy of security and control built into the bank’s IT architecture.
- Ensure periodic review of actual expenses against budgets and resolve expense mis-alignment.
- Review the procurement process of e-banking infrastructure to ensure that they are in line with the procurement policy of the bank.
- Review and ensure clear roles, responsibilities, segregation of duties and succession planning for the various levels of IT & e-banking staff.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and oral)
- IT proficiency
- Good investigative skills
- Good numerate and analytical skill.
- Structured query language (SQL Navigator)
- Audit command language (ACL)
- Unix operating systems
- Business objects (BO)
- FTP – file transfer protocol
- Microsoft office tools
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Accounting or any other numerate discipline.
- Relevant professional certification e.g. CISA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CISSP and MBA etc. will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT FROM US:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.