- Assist with the process for the review of tariff filings and applications.
- Assists with the development and the review of existing tariff models.
- Undertake review of methodologies, polices, procedures and guidelines for regulating electricity tariff.
- Analyse the impact of various government tariff policy directives on the financial sustainability of the market and proper advice to the Commission.
- Undertake studies to establish appropriate level of lifeline tariffs and make recommendations for the implementation of PCAF.
- Analyse matters for tariff hearing and assist with the organisation of public hearings or any other regulatory proceeding to obtain any required information, representation, or objection to ensure that the proposed change in tariff is fair to all stakeholders.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of operators with approved tariff regime.
- Prepare periodic reports as may be requested by the Unit Head.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- Possession of MSc Energy Economics, MSc Econometrics, MA Economics, MA Utility Regulation, MSc Economics, MSc Finance, MBA Energy Finance, MSc Statistics and a Professional Finance qualification will be an added advantage.
- PhD in a relevant Discipline is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 12 years experience.