- Develop and execute strategic marketing plan and programs to achieve set targets for profitability, revenue, value and market share, retention churn, etc. (short-term and long-term)
- Implement market growth strategy in conjunction with Product Development Managers, Enterprise Business Sales and other stakeholders
- Standardize sales proposals by segment/vertical
- Create and maintain universal lead database of all business inclusive of new entrants into the market
- Create sales presentations and lead webinars with prospective clients
- Support with the execution of sales campaign initiatives
- Facilitate EB Product sales to ensure upselling – cross selling within existing account to increase share of wallet
- Define market needs based on relevant value proposition packages for the Enterprise Segment market
- Analyze relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against set targets.
- Demonstrate in-depth industry/sector and sales research knowledge required to build new account acquisition growth
- Identify and develop target list of prospective clients and partners
- Develop strategy for promotional propositions to acquire new customers and stimulate usage amongst existing customers
- Identify and analyze new and emerging trends and understand their impact on needs for the future
- Develop and execute segment specific promotions to achieve specific market objectives
- Define and prioritize customer segment data and customer intelligence requirements.
- Identify, analyze and facilitate business growth through alliances and association marketing approaches.
- Utilize strategic marketing mix and channel options to deliver marketing offers to target markets (strategic alliances, bundling, augmented product)
- Lead and facilitate the discussion and negotiation of strategic issues with the senior leadership team across the organization and provide high-level strategic advice and guidance that relates to the segment.
- Customize and differentiate MTN Business product and service offerings in the market
- Design customers lifecycle extension plan to take advantage of market opportunities
- Initiate and interpret research as it concerns the Enterprise Segment market
- Assess market-based segmentation in the segment strategy development process (apply needs-based segmentation)
- Direct customer insight and market intelligence
- Develop detailed understanding of customer segment needs, behavior, attitudes, and buyer values
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- First Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or any relevant discipline
- Master’s in Business Administration is advantageous
- Fluent in English
9 – 17 years’ experience which includes:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/industry
- Minimum of 5 years proven track record in business sales, planning, execution and leading new business strategies.
- Proven conversion rate of winning new business opportunities
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience in marketing, strategy development and implementation
- Relevant experience in Business Development