- The Retail Sales Officer is responsible for the coordination of marketing activities of the Retail team as well as identification and conversion of prospects, optimization of existing relationships and maintaining service excellence.
- Marketing of the various products and services.
- Build the client database comprising of both individual and corporate clients.
- Provide up to date reports on all sales and marketing activities.
- Identification of opportunities within customer’s business for the provision of banking services – generic and bespoke based on a high-level understanding of the customer’s needs.
- Provide feedback and insight regarding existing key relationships and prospects engagements focused on improving services or exploiting opportunities.
- Win transaction mandates from customers focused on driving balance sheet growth and execution of fee earning transactions.
- Partake in the group liability drives, meeting a substantial subscription sum on all offerings.
- Inter departmental engagements with relevant internal units to ensure seamless processing and execution of customer transactions / requests.
Skills and Knowledge required for the Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or other business-related fields
- Master’s degree and or MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment, with varying degrees of supervision.
- Relationship management, negotiation and good presentation skills.
- Impeccable understanding of financial statements, spreadsheets, ratios, and concepts.
- Excellent analytical skills and good mathematical knowledge,
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and general computer use.
Attribute for success in the role:
- Be a problem- solver, ability to take decisions, love to research and be organized.
- Be able to see the big picture, make thoughtful tradeoffs and focus on what matters.
- Effectively break down complex data & analysis for non-technical audience.
- Customer-oriented mindset.