Responsibilities & Tasks
In your role you are responsible for partner management and the technical, substantive and organizational implementation of project activities in francophone ECOWAS Member States. In consultation with your line manager and in coordination with team colleagues, project and partner units you are responsible for:
- Planning, steering, operationalisation and monitoring of activities in lusophone ECOWAS member states (Guinea-Bissau) related to the operational cycle of the FRSD, from steering board decisions to needs assessment to selection of implementing agencies to completion of project activities, implemented by partners
- Continued liaison and cooperation with project key stakeholders, including partners, implementing agencies and experts in respective member states and the facilitation of meeting and events in the country whenever necessary
- Advise on technical key topics and contracting of experts and other services to support all project activities, including contribution to the establishment of a programme`s consultant database
- Follow-up and reporting on project activities, including the creation of a continued flow of information on the status quo of the activities to key stakeholders
- Prepare and review reports, presentations, working papers and similar documents in close collaboration with the team and key stakeholders in a multi-lingual environment
- Communication and Knowledge Management related to all project activities.
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- M.A. in Development Studies, Social or Economic Sciences or equivalent
Professional Experience (Field and minimum duration):
- At least 3 years of experience in technical advisory services and/or project management) in international development cooperation in West Africa preferred
- Several years of work experience in partner liaison management, strategic planning and monitoring with partners and facilitation of partner-related activities
- Knowledge of contracting instruments and procedures, in particular in the implementation of projects with public sector institutions and civil society organisations
- A minimum of 3 years work experience and technical knowledge in the fields of integrated approaches in the agricultural sector, youth, social cohesion and sports, capacity development of local partners or similar
Other Experiences and Skills (e.g. Language, IT-Skills, Social and Personal Skills, etc.):
- Excellent communication skills in Portuguese (native speaker preferred)
- Professional proficiency in English (spoken and written); alternatively French and willingness to upscale English language capacities
- Excellent ICT working knowledge
- Commitment and diplomatic skills, gender competence and high ability to work in an international and remote team.
According to GIZ salary scale for band 4.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Letter of Motivation as one document with complete contact details to: [email protected] using “vacancy no. 076” as the subject of the email.
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted