The responsibilities of the Regenerative Agriculture Lead include:
- Designing, developing, supporting and driving practical innovations and programmes to promote regenerative agriculture, improve soil health, improve irrigation pratices, improve residue management and conserve biodiversity, in partnership with the BU leads.
- Testing and guiding Olam’s approach to regenerative agriculture evaluation, measurement, management and monitoring, working in close collaboration with Sustainability leadership and Business operations teams.
- Acting as an internal focal point and resource for regenerative agriculture practices and policy, evaluating and advising BUs on the design and technical implementation of regenerative agriculture practices on farm. Work as a core team-member for on-farm carbon projects that will be developed using regenerative agriculture practices generating value from emissions reductions, avoided emissions and carbon removals/sequestration as well as delivering socio-economic impacts
- Building internal capacity around regenerative agriculture principles and to effectively transfer knowledge and technology to smallholder farmer supply chains as well as industrial plantations
- Monitoring and reporting relevant risks, progress and impacts. Work with the sustainability analysts / Footprinting Team to incorporate regenerative agriculture into Natural Capital evaluation.
- Leading, inspiring and engaging with internal and external partners to develop regenerative initiatives at scale. Collaborating closely with focal points across the range of sustainability topics, to develop holistic approaches that positively impact multiple sustainability goals and programmes (such as livelihoods, food security, ecosystems, and climate…)
- Representing Olam in relevant stakeholder meetings and industry forums
- Degree level qualifications/ equivalent technical experience of relevant Agriculture / Soil Science / Environmental Science disciplines.
- A personal passion for sustainable agriculture and food systems
- 6-10+ years in relevant roles including significant experience working within large organisations, with demonstrable experience in driving adoption of sustainable agrculture and positive environmental impacts in relevant projects and programmes.
- Outstanding programme management and organizational skills, including a high level of team management and goal-setting, team skills development, workflow and budget management, and a focus on delivery.
- Experience preferred in relevant agricultural crops and landscapes, and a sound appreciation of the human dimensions of rural agriculture, conservation and development.
- Self-reliance, motivation and willingness to travel and work in remote locations and sometimes challenging circumstances.
- Proficiency in French is strongly desired
- Olam is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a resume/CV in order to be considered for open roles.