What We’re Looking For:
- If you’re someone who thrives in fast paced innovative environments, and has a passion for testing products, then the role of Quality Assurance Engineer at Dukka Inc. might be right for you.
- This is an innovative new product for emerging markets. We are building something that does not quite exist in the African business landscape and this will be an opportunity for you to put your stamp on the product that is being built.
- We want engineers that think about the big picture, take ownership of delivery of the product, work well with others in a collaborative environment and take pride in their work.
- You will be responsible for testing out primarily the mobile software applications and web development of the Dukka solution.
- You will also work collaboratively with product, engineering, growth & other QA teams to execute and validate test cases based upon requirements.
- Test current products and identifying deficiencies.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Perform testing on different Mobile OS, including hardware & peripherals.
- Work with the team QA to ensure tests are performed on a timely manner.
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience.
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance.
- Works together with the software developer to enhance and improve programs.
- Research and compare similar competitor products.
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends and advancements.
- Suggest solutions to identify product problems.
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction.
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy.
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution.
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement.
- Oversee continuous improvement projects.
- Collect quality data.
- Identify key KPIs for product quality.
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Management.
- Any other related operational duties assigned.
- Whilst it would be great for you to have a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Software Engineering from an Accredited University, we place a higher value on significant work experience in the workforce to compensate where there is no qualification
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant QA technical experience.
- 2+ years of testing software & hardware.
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development environment.
- Mobile device testing on iOS and Android including phones and tablets.
- Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases.
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- Liaison with Product teams, Engineering teams, and other QA teams.
- Strong scheduling and project management/planning skills.
- A proven record of prioritizing and coordinating work across a large number of product teams.