Impact of the Role
- Maximize your potential.
- Tackle the world’s toughest problems.
- Build expertise in areas that matter to you.
- Become a global development leader
- Reviewing construction and projects plan and preparing their quantity requirements.
- Scrutinizing maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Liaising with project site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers, research new materials for design and cost savings, and develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Preparing reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents.
- Advising project managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Create scopes of work, forecast upcoming demand, assist in settling invoice or contract disputes, and handle change order requests.
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations.
- Liaise with other members of the team to negotiate and agree on contracts and monitor the quality of service provided.
- Keeping track of materials and ordering more when required.
- Documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Produce reports and statistics using computer software.
- Travelling from the office to various sites as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Must have a B.Sc / B.Eng / HND in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 20 years of practical experience as a structural Engineer on large roads, Highways, Bridge schemes and related Civil infrastructure.
- Must be COREN Registered. The candidate should have a strong reputation and Experience in road construction, design and construction of structures elements including casting, curing, transporting and assembling of the elements to position.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft OZce.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Must be a FINISHER
- Intrinsically motivated by the mission of SAO Group of companies
- Results- orientated and pragmatic with exceptional quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Independent thinker and worker who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you must set a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself
- Tech savvy who embraces new software and online tools and is personally interested in tech-enabled solutions
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders based remotely or travelling in different time zones.