- Liaise with the leadership team to organize, plan and manage projects in accordance with the mission and goals of the NNREC
- Ensuring the business operates to the highest international standards of governance, ethical standards, and transparency
- Develop, manage, and track the project budget.
- Techno-Commercial skills to evaluate EPC bids and guide tender team for competitive bid.
- Draft and/or review, negotiate, and finalise project agreements.
- Strategic planning for order intake, pre-feasibility studies, opportunity and pre investment studies, new technology evaluation & transfer.
- Skills to keep effective communication and relationship with all stakeholders of projects
- Prepare weekly status report on progress Identify project issues and implement creative solutions
- Monitor and manage cost incurred by all contractors, ensuring proper approvals before cost is expensed Identifying, developing, and maintaining the strategic relationships required for the successful running of the Company
- Review progress reports and working with the owner’s engineer provide oversight to the EPC and other prime contractors.
- Brief technical steering committee periodically on the status of progress each month. Initiating and driving implementation of corporate policies as necessary for the construction of the Project and operations of the Company
- Graduate Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Project Management or suitable other qualification from a recognised University
- Appropriate Financial Certification or preferably a relevant Advanced Degree
- Proven track record of 10-15 years in Project Management at a reputable organisation.
- Experience in leading solar or renewable project is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Technical knowledge in MW scale grid connected solar or renewable proiert is essential
- Proficiency in MS Project and other packages
- Must possess core competency in Scope, Contracts, Time & Risk Management and Financial management. (Revenue and Cash flow)
- Understanding of legal frameworks
- Exposure to power project development with independent power producers
- Exposure to private sector projects funded by multi-lateral development banks (Limited or non-recourse project finance) Infrastructure finance experience is a plus
- Competency and skills to develop a team of efficient managers & engineers for timely execution of projects without cost over runs.
Desired Soft Skills:
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Thorough IT skills and well versed with SAP
- Willingness to travel to any Northern State in Nigeria with minimal prior notice, is a plus
- Northern States Governors' Forum through its Technical Implementation Committee, Northern Nigeria Renewable Energy Company (NNREC), requires the expertise of a Project Head / Manager to support its drive and strategy, in connection with the proposed establishment of 100 MW solar power plants in each of the 19 Northern States and in the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria.
- He or she will coordinate all project initiatives amongst various parties and drive the Company's business plan as approved by the Board
- Reports to Northern Nigeria Renewable Energy Company (NNREC)