- Reviewing transaction documents filed by applicants in support of their applications with the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- Reviewing and proffering legal opinions on diverse matters.
- Reviewing and advising on power purchase agreements.
- Reviewing and advising on project finance arrangements and documentation.
- Reviewing and advising on gas supply arrangements.
- Provision of legal advice on activities affecting the Commission’s operations.
- Development of work plans for the legal unit and allocation of tasks to team members.
- Coordination and maintenance of relationships with applicants and other stakeholders.
- Coordination and maintenance of relationships with other departments/units in the Commission.
- Maintaining records of all applications and ensuring compliance with stipulated timelines for the completion of applications.
- Supporting the legal division with other tasks.
Qualification / Skills
- Bachelor of Laws, B.L. Advanced degrees like Master of Laws or Masters of Business Administration will be an advantage.
- Required skills; Ability to write and communicate excellently in English, a team player, a self-starter that works well under pressure, great levels of empathy and excellent public speaking/presentation skills.
- Minimum years of experience: 15 years post call experience with keen focus on corporate commercial law, project financing, corporate finance, infrastructure development, electricity/energy law and constitutional/administrative law.