Summary of Responsibilities
- Work with patients who have a range of conditions, including neurological, neuromusculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and respiratory, sometimes over a period of weeks.
- Diagnose, assess and treat patient’s physical problem/condition.
- To be legally responsible and accountable
- Assisting trauma patients with how to walk again
- To act in a caring, compassionate and professional at all times.
- Develop and review treatment programs that encourage exercise and movement by the use of a range of techniques.
- Formulating treatment plans to address the conditions and needs of patients.
- Involve parents and carers in the treatment, review, and rehabilitation of patients.
- Educating patients, family members, and the community on how to prevent injuries and live a healthy lifestyle.
- Write patient case notes and reports and collect statistics.
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals, such as GPs, occupational therapists and social workers, to exchange information about the background and progress of patients, as well as to refer patients who require other medical attention.
- Keeping up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating patients
- Supervise student and junior physiotherapists and physiotherapy support workers.
- Rehabilitation and pain management – introducing exercises to reduce and manage pain following surgery, injury or illness
- Planning and organizing physiotherapy and fitness programs.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Candidates should possess a Degree in Physiotherapy
- 4 years post qualification (2 years post NYSC)
- Must have completed NYSC,or Certificate of Exemption.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.