The Key Role
- The Key Role of this position is to provide specialized electrical artisan skill and knowledge to the shift team, and to support the operations, maintenance of the brewery equipment and to perform and assist in problem solving
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide specialist support to the shift-based teams during operations.
- Assist as functional expert in problem solving.
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions, and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance outage in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the Main Planner
- Partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Process Artisans in carrying out repairs
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action
- Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs carried out as per CMMS requirements.
- Where problems have occurred during routine activities, apply the correct problem-solving approach to resolve
- Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem solving or escalate to the Maintenance Controller for direction
- Partake in maintenance postmortems to feedback problems, opportunities, and learnings from maintenance activities
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication, and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate PS techniques.
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems.
- Ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Help developing/improving Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Work Instructions
- Operate manual and automatic machines online as per standards
- Always Operate in a safe manner, and identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhere to appropriate AB InBev policies and procedures
- Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of dutiesApply formal failure analysis process
- Ensure a healthy industrial relations climate
- Apply/Execute the department’s 5S in the workshop and artisan workstation
- Pursue continuous improvement in processes and activities within area of scope
- Maintain system integrity and change control.
Qualifications & Experience
- Min. of Diploma / OND in Electrical Engineering.
- 2-5 Years Experience within a Brewing FMCG industry.
Traits & Competences Required:
- A motivated individual with high levels of resilience and the ability to operate in a high-pressure environment Commercial Acumen with strong planning & financial management skills
- An Innovative thinker, persuasive, assertive and a good negotiator
- Ability to set high standards and bring team along to achieve the standard expectation.
- Ability to implement the People business processes to lead, motivate, and develop employees
- Exceptionally organised
- High degree of self-discipline
- Able to influence work to be carried through others.
- Highly developed analytical skills with excellent problem-solving capability
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality is non-negotiable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership and management capability.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.