- Installing and configuring computer networks and systems
- Identifying and solving any problems that arise with computer networks and systems
- Consulting with clients/User to specify system requirements and design solutions
- Maintaining existing software and hardware and upgrading any that have become obsolete
- Monitoring computer networks and systems to identify how performance can be improved
- Monitor daily backup jobs and systems, troubleshoot/remediate failures
- Monitor and perform regular checks on network and data security
- Direct involvement in incidents or problems (irrespective of priority) that cause service impact and acts as escalation point for incidents not being resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for management of the rollout and support of desktop devices, including laptops and printers, and productivity tools such as Outlook, MS-Office, vista, sage and other business critical software.
- Respond to User queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat and Analyse and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users).
- Minimum of First Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related course of study is required.
- Relevant professional qualification(s) and certification(s) will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role with General knowledge of systems and network architecture.
- Knowledge of Virtualisation
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing
- Knowledge of Networking/routing
- Knowledge of Office suit/M365
- Knowledge of Hardware and Infrastructure.