- We are looking for a skilled and experienced communications professional who combines creativity and business acumen in order to place TeamApt, our products and messaging in lifestyle and consumer-facing media outlets in Africa.
- In this role, you will work on developing and driving our PR & communications strategy, execute PR activations as well as various types of story hooks in order to generate a constant media buzz.
- The candidate needs to have a deep understanding of what makes different types of consumer-facing media tick and a natural drive to try new things in the field of lifestyle PR.
- In this role, you will work closely with other team members, global and regional marketing teams as well as communications teams to increase brand awareness and consideration in Africa region.
- The TeamApt marketing and communications team is a driven, creative and passionate group of people focused on making TeamApt a global brand and loved by consumers and merchants. We are dedicated and enthusiastic professionals who love being part of the growth journey of one of the most exciting and fastest-growing companies in payments and retail right now.
What you’ll get to do:
- Drive and maintain overall narrative and message framework for cohesive and integrated external communications programming via related channels, including media relations materials, corporate website, social media, etc.
- Initiate, create, and deliver earned media programming/stories that drive awareness and engagement linked to TeamApt’s business and brand strategy
- Proactively pitch stories positioning TeamApt and spokespeople as experts on identified topics and key related growth trends.
- Serve as communications subject matter expert with the ability to direct and manage media engagements proactively and reactively.
- Prepare spokespeople and leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements through media training as appropriate.
- Serve as a key media contact as appropriate, including during crises.
- Drive media relations efforts to support financial performance reporting and investor/analyst events and activities as needed
- Establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with related industry and financial reporters
- Evaluate and prepare briefing documents related to interviews, external conferences and opportunities
- Leverage digital, social, and paid media to complement and enhance earned media efforts as appropriate.
- Manage external PR or external comms agency partners, including tracking budgets, reporting, and delivery of support to meet business goals.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, PR, Digital Communications, Journalism or related discipline required.
- Experience leading corporate communications or a PR agency. Global experience is required.
- Solid ability to build productive relationships and lead the development of communications strategies through interactions with internal and external partners.
- Strong writing & editing skills are a must, with a focus on quality control.
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills
- Experience working in a busy press office or PR within the financial services sector with a strong book of press contacts
- Have an understanding of how you can tell a story using data.
- Understand how to quantify and measure the value of PR, and show the rest of the company why it’s important too.
What we can offer you
- Culture – You’ll have an opportunity to work with talented people from different cultural backgrounds across Africa and other regions of the world.
- Learning – We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance,, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.