- Acquire new Sports public figures and partners through engaging one-on-one communication via email and social media channels, as well as at live events
- Independently responsible for a medium-sized group of content partners and Sport public figures in West Africa, executing strategy by developing customized tactics that are aimed at content quality, publish quantity growth and account growth
- Closely monitor the sports landscape, supporting day-to-day partner management, developing narratives as well as tentpole strategic and cross-functional initiatives to ensure our partners are positioned for success and our users have access to the best local content and community possible
- Manage a workstream with little guidance and control from direct leader
- Able to troubleshoot issues in face of a complicated situation, make independent judgments, and propose solutions by applying knowledge and experience
- Establish resources and educate Sport public figures/partners on best practices, help solve technical issues, and optimize overall performance
- Tracking and reporting back on the performance and growth of Sport public figures/partners on a regular and project basis (quantitive and qualitative) both internally and with the Sport public figures/partners
- Project management and administration of day-to-day partnership activities and drive organic performance growth across Sport public figures/partners accounts
- Be the advocate internally on behalf of the Sports public figures and partners to ensure their needs are met.
- With the help of senior colleagues and based on existing methodology and targets, develop and execute strategy and activity plans for the Sport workstreams in West Africa
- Use data to support workstream goals and objectives as well as align with overall business goals
- Identify and implement additional operations improvements across the team. Support Team Development/Community Development
- Based on the business strategy, develop and execute content initiatives by working cross-functionally with other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree or above, with a minimum of 3+ years of experience in technology/social media/digital media/content production field.
- Passion for Sports and Sport in Africa.
- Able to establish contact, build up trust with Sport public figures/partners, and provide complete support on platform training, Sport public figures/partners engagement activities.
- Able to clearly understand business goals and how they are translated into overall content strategy and initiatives.
- Good understanding of the West Africa Sport landscape and video content platforms.
- A creative mindset – This individual will be required to identify potential Sport public figures/partners and help them visualise their TikTok content before they’ve made it.
- Experience working with analytics tools and backends of social media platforms with a specific focus on organic content data, such as YouTube or Facebook.
- Good understanding of the platform operation field; basic data analysis and project management skills.
- Ability to adapt to business needs and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about the incubation and expansion of local content, and content partners.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a proactive work-style.
- Able to work in a fast paced and multicultural environment.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form.
- The ability to facilitate training and workshops to help public figures and partners.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to skillfully manage multiple projects and diverse stakeholders.
- Experience with cross-functional communication and stakeholder management. As this role also requires close cross-functional collaboration with colleagues in Marketing, Programming, Sales, and PR, in addition to various TikTok teams around the world.
Additional Bonus Skills:
- Existing relationships with a strong network of Sport public figures and partners to lead them towards partnership
- Experience in sports management/sports events/sports landscape in West Africa (talent management is a plus)
- Knowledge of the content partner Sport landscape across Africa.