- Conducts risk assessments, collecting and analyzing documentation, statistics, reports, and market trends.
- Establishes policies and procedures to identify and address risks in the organizations services and departments.
- Reviews and assesses risk management policies and protocols; makes recommendations and implements modifications and improvements.
- Recommends and implements risk management solutions such as insurance, safety and security policies, business continuity plans, or recovery measures.
- Reviews and analyzes metrics and data such as cash flow, inventory, breakage, and employee activity that could uncover fraudulent behavior.
- Drafts and presents risk reports and proposals to executive leadership and senior staff.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Participate in the annual Business planning sessions to identify and assess risks that may impact business objectives.
- Partner with Line Managers and “Riskchampions,” cross-functionally and collaboratively to develop unified and effective risk identification, assessment, and mitigation plans.
- Ensure robust stakeholder engagement by organising periodic risk management sessions across all business units.
- Build, improve and drive consistency of risk management processes and tools.
- Compile clear, accurate and timely risk reports for Executive management and the Board ARMC as required.
- Implement and execute effective training, communications and awareness programs to properly educate all employees and business partners regarding ERM requirements and responsibilities.
- Manage the maintenance of the enterprise risk register, and provide guidance on the development and maintenance of departmental risk registers.
- Provide risk assurance for strategic programs by working with Project/Program managers to ensure the risk management methodology is effectively integrated
- Advise business areas on technical elements of risk management which involves risk identification, assessment, mitigation planning, monitoring, triggers/responses, evaluation and reporting.
- In conjunction with Risk owners develop and track sets of key risk indicators to monitor trends in the organizations’ risk profile.
- Assess processes and strategies in place to mitigate risks, identify new ways to further enhance the risk mitigation plans and improve the overall risk return profile.
- Challenge risk owners’ assessments of their risks and risk treatments on a regular basis.
- Evolve risk management by being proactive through periodic stress testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sciences, or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 6 years post NYSC relevant job experience with 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Mandatory: A Risk management certification
- Preferred: Post Graduate degree (MA/MBA/MSc)