- Control operational activities of the warehouse
- Overseeing transportation of goods from the warehouse location to shops and the reverse logistics
- Analyze shops and DC demand in the region and advise the manager accordingly
- Activate control units at the distribution center
- Supervise orders and arrange stocking of raw materials and equipment to ensure they meet needs.
- Keep logs and records of warehouse stock by ensuring correct use of the inventory management tool.
- Maintain and update accurate stock levels in the DC
- Production of reports and develop corporate metrics as and when required
- Oversee and monitor availability of stock to reduce stock shortage in the distribution center and shops.
- Work in accordance with all internal policies and procedures
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures and use all equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
Description of Tasks
- Design and implement an optimized logistics route for the region
- Be responsible for the full information about the stocks in the warehouse
- Arrange and prepare product picking lists to shops as per planned route
- Ensure timely delivery of the stock to all shops in the region
- Conduct stock management system audit and utilization and suggest improvements to the manager
- Give full details/information of all received items highlighting new models/versions to the manager.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all transactions and physical movement of materials from receipt to stocking, to distribution.
- Implement corrective actions to maintain stock levels accuracy in the warehouse
- Design stockroom layout and other storage areas considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- A Degree in Logistics / Supply Chain or other related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in logistics
- Knowledge of logistics systems
- Attention to details
- Quality management skills
- Understanding of local transportation issues
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills.
- Mature, self-initiative and positive attitude
- Ability to respond and communicate effectively to departmental needs.