Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and troubleshoot Server Systems and Networks, automated backup and restore operations and mission critical applications such as email, file/print services and other line of business applications to allow IT respond proactively to emerging problems and perform ongoing IT ‘housekeeping’ functions
- Perform installations of operating systems, layered products, and third party products for multi-user computer systems that host corporate applications, databases and websites
- Assist and perform software installations and upgrades as required
- Provide IT training on a periodic basis to ECEWS staff.
- Perform daily and periodic backups of all data on the servers.
- Ensure timely updates to Server and Client Systems Study and apply
- Security patches and other updates or service packs as required
- Make periodic visits to field offices to provide troubleshooting support, advice and build the capacity of field level staff in order to maintain their computers at a reasonable level of operation.
- BS / BA Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with at least 5 years post National Youth Service relevant experience.
- Or MS / MA in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and not less than 3 years post National Youth Service relevant experience.
- Candidate must possess Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate certifications (CCNA)
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience with a multi-site network (at least 3 sites) with a minimum of 200 users is highly desirable.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance
- Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel on hardware and software needs Advanced knowledge of Windows Server administration and Networking including Active Directory, Network Services – Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Domain Name System (DNS) etc
- Advanced knowledge and experience with backup / restore, email and performance monitoring applications
- Advanced knowledge of Software Engineering Software Development Analysis, Project Management and Database development
- Strong Competency in developing and debugging applications in languages/platforms including but not limited to C# ASP.Net, PHP Microsoft SQL MySQL.elc
- Advanced knowledge and experience of web based, client server and mobile applications
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
We have a competitive compensation package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Human Resources Unit” via: [email protected]
- Application must explicitly state their full names with the position and location applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).