Data Management & Security:
- Support good data management and all digital information being created by EMOWAA or transferred to EMOWAA from external sources.
- Manage and monitor use of the Document Management System (DMS) setup in Microsoft SharePoint. This includes document and mapping any new Team or Communication sites setup in support of the project.
- Organise and administrate access to the DMS in SharePoint and folders/data within. This includes providing and removing access to project members and alter privileges as required.
- Help implement best practice and adherence to project work-flows to ensure appropriate and consistent formats according to a set of project or predefined standards.
- Act as a point of information for the DMS structure and ensure an efficient and intuitive setup for data management and access.
- Administer data and network security for EMOWAA’s projects, including group policy and email security.
- Review and update EMOWAA’s data management and information security policies annually.
- Ensure compliance with Nigeria’s National Information and Data Protection standards.
IT Planning & Resource Management:
- Conduct bi-annual gap analysis and keep track of the organisation’s hardware and software needs.
- Assess and advise on the IT requirements at the start of each new project and advise the organization’s leadership on key priorities, costs, integration complexities, and timelines.
- Work with EMOWAA administration to ensure access to on-going billing and invoicing duties, including but not limited to Microsoft 365.
- Support in the preparation of budget estimates used to inform the project and help plan, organise and schedule IT work.
- Be responsible for installing and upgrading system components.
- Report on data usage, and methods of data interaction on the project using the DMS SharePoint reporting metrics.
- Setup new project members and help new members in the first-time access process.
- Support and troubleshoot technical problems and help resolve IT, software and hardware issues.
- Support data conversion and transfer between software used on the project.
- Coordinate the IT needs of project staff members, contractors, and externals.
- Consult with project members, teams and departments to estimate and resolve IT issues
- Install and set up project software for employees, resolving IT and hardware issues.
- Support the collection of information in the field.
- Input into data storage approaches, file management and expansion methods as the project grows.
Staff Training & Guidance:
- Provide training to fellow employees about network security and the best computer usage practices.
- Create training guidance and run training sessions relating to Information Technology relevant to the project to ensure a consistent level of quality and efficiency on the project. This includes when implementing new SharePoint features or training new employees.
- Educate project members in how to use SharePoint and the DMS. This includes creating guidance documents and designing in-person trainings.
- Be a point-of-contact for project staff members and available for questions and troubleshooting
- Candidates who are resident in Benin or willing to relocate to Benin will be favoured. However, EMOWAA is also open to candidates in Lagos.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive, subject to credentials.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their 1-page Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.