Your daily responsibilities will include:
- HR Administration:
- Preparing employee-related documentation as guided by the HR Manager.
- Actioning requests for ad hoc documentation from employees.
- Supporting the finance team in the creation and appropriate filing of CfA fellows’ documentation.
- Keeping all employee-related trackers updated in a timely and accurate manner.
- Slack workspace maintenance (such as adding new staff to Slack and ensuring departing staff are offboarded)
- Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Posting job ads, scheduling interviews, and providing assistance/support to hiring managers during the interview process.
- Undertaking background and reference checks for finalist candidates.
- Supporting the pre-boarding process as guided by the HR manager.
- Facilitating work tools allocation to new joiners by liaising with the operations & finance team.
- Ensuring that new joiners’ information is appropriately posted to the necessary database.
- Performance Management:
- Scheduling employee performance review meetings as advised by the Human Resources Manager.
- Creation and appropriate filing of performance management-related documents.
- Exit Management:
- Guiding exiting employees through the handover documentation process.
- Liaising with the operations team to ensure retrieval of worktools.
- Ensuring exiting employees’ timesheets are appropriately filled out.
- Offboarding exited employees from internal databases.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent qualification
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Superb organisational skills and detail orientated.
- Experience in or familiarity with digital collaboration tools, including Slack, Google Drive, and Trello.
Candidates who are able to demonstrate the following will have an advantage:
- Experience working in the technology, non-profit and/or media environments will be advantageous.
- Experience working with a multinational & fully remote organisation.
Language and Location Requirements:
- Location: Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, or anywhere else in Africa
- Languages: English.
What We Offer
- A competitive salary, subject to experience, with opportunities for performance-based growth, both in terms of career path and public stature.
- A dynamic workplace, with a multinational team, occasional international travel, and generous vacation benefits.
- Ongoing opportunities to learn new cutting-edge skills and techniques/technologies to future-proof yourself in a rapidly evolving industry.
- A chance to shine on a global stage, writing for international audiences and interacting with colleagues around the world.