- This role is responsible for ensuring effective strategies are put in place to ensure optimal collection activities.
- Also, that adequate measures are put in place to guard against commercial losses and detect potential revenue leakages / irregularities.
- Plan, allocate, co-ordinate and monitor revenue collection and Billing across the business.
- Develop and implement creative and innovative strategies that ensure revenue billing and collection targets are met.
- Deploy and maintain a sustainable platform and mechanism that supports monthly billing inputs and ensures accurate and effective billing.
- Introduce quantifiable revenue/ collection monitoring mechanisms around the business.
- Identify areas with high financial leakages and design appropriate strategies to enhance billing and collection operations – minimizing commercial losses.
- Set and meet agreed revenue protection targets and goals while maximizing cash collection and developing intelligence that will enhance theft detection.
- Ensure that the right value of the energy delivered to the company is recovered in line with the MYTO and IE set targets
- Work with relevant department to develop revenue protection processes and procedures to guard against potential commercial losses.
- Carry out periodic Quality Assurance (QA) on revenue protection processes and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Constantly reviews I.E’s revenue vis-à-vis energy supplied to Bu’s.
- Prepare periodic reports on potential process gaps (revenue leakages) and improvement opportunities.
- Prepare performance report for other commercial units.
- Deploy Mechanism and process to ensure that customer tariffs and corresponding sales are accurate at all times.
- Ensure that the appropriate customer records are generated, metered correctly and appear correctly on end customer billing/metering platform.
- Act as a Revenue Assurance Subject Matter Expert on projects / initiatives that could impact the end to end billing architecture or existing RA controls.
- Perform regular reconciliation and analysis of revenue streams. Documenting revenue flows across business units, feeders, DTs and monitors the same.
- Manage any issue that potentially impacts revenues, from identification through to quantification through to resolution.
- Ensure that new tools are in line with expectations. Work closely with the UAT team to help development test plans.
- Develop an understanding of internal and external customer needs and ensure all activities and excellent delivery of customer satisfaction.
- Provide commercial data across IT, Technical, Finance and any other relevant department.
- Measure and track KPIs and outcomes against standards, while planning and taking corrective action where required.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department or other members of the executive management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines – Accountancy, Banking & Finance or other numerate discipline
- At least 10 years relevant work experience, from related sector/ organization with demonstrable understanding of credit / debt management.
- Revenue Assurance
- Business Intelligence
- Management Information Systems
- Data Gathering & Analysis
- Energy Loss Reduction Techniques Management.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.