Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Critical thinking about macroeconomic investment ideas and forecasting methodology, and the ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
- Conduct industry and company specific comprehensive fundamental analysis, including in-depth financial statement analysis.
- Present overviews, reports and timely investment recommendations to the Asset Management team, including buy and sell ideas.
- Develop and implement investment strategies & asset allocation for individual and institutional investors.
- Collaborate with all team members on the design of investment strategies for all products and services.
- Monitor trends and happenings in the capital market.
- Contribute to the development of policies and processes for portfolio analysis and management, investor reporting and regulatory compliance.
- Portfolio construction, management, monitoring and reporting.
- Analyze investment portfolio data to monitor investment returns and risk levels.
- Identify high risk investments and propose strategies to mitigate risk.
- Represent Cordros Asset Management to sector stakeholders.
- Participate in investor meetings and calls to provide portfolio updates.
- Actively participate as a member of the Investment Committee.
- Manage projects assigned by the Investment Committee.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in either Economics, Statistics, Banking and Finance or Business Administration from an accredited university.
- An MBA or related Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage.
- ACS, ACA or CFA Certifications will also be an added advantage.
- 7 – 10 years industry experience, out of which 5 years must have been spent in investment/portfolio/funds management.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Global and Nigerian Capital Markets.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of equities, fixed income, and the alternative asset class.
- Sound knowledge of investment and risk management fundamentals.
- Deep technical expertise in research and investment analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, adept at concise communications.
- Outstanding client relationship development and management skills.
- High degree of Excel proficiency-the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets with accuracy.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for presenting financial information in understandable formats for multiple audiences.
- Leadership and People Management Skills.
Behavioral Attributes Required:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Client first attitude, professional demeanor, personal integrity and an understanding of fiduciary responsibility.
- Ability to multi‐task and manage time effectively.
- Self-motivated, confident, detail‐oriented, and analytical.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to design, launch and scale new projects and initiatives.