- Manage the design, fabrication and project management of engineering and maintenance projects and services that meet the needs of Company’s customers, within agreed timeline, budget and quality standards.
- Accountable for the integration of all engineering projects and services to the Company`s Corporate strategy.
- Responsible for technical integrity and assuring standards for all Company`s engineering projects and services
- Accountable for project management discipline for engineering consultants, service providers and contractors
- Plan and programme manage all (in-house, outsourced) projects, ensuring adherence to agreed standards.
- Accountable for resourcing all Company`s projects including an outsourcing and flexible workforce philosophy.
- Manage the individual engineering disciplines and integrate their output into customer service deliverables
- Accountability for client interface, ensuring alignment between functionality and customer expectation.
- Responsible for ECOM planning and management and quality assurance for engineering designs and projects
- Responsible for cost estimation, budgeting and resourcing of engineering projects/operations for profitability
- Accountable for managing and mitigating all project risks, incorporating key risks in the corporate risk register
- Responsible for business and individual performance for all employees in the Engineering function.
- Acts as a change agent and business leader for the organisation within and outside the Engineering function.
- Provide management information and periodic performance reporting for the Engineering function.
- Responsible for managing the growth, learning and leadership development of engineering staff
- Responsible for the implementation of the Quality Management System for continuous improvement and satisfaction of applicable regulatory and customer requirements.
Requisite Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Relevant certification in Project Management e.g. PMP, Prince2000, is mandatory. Must be a member of COREN or NSE
- Must have at least 12 years work experience in a similar function. Must have at least 3 years’ experience in a management role, with proven capacity to lead a high performance cross functional team.
Key Competence & Behavioural Expectations:
- Strong Analytical abilities
- People Management
- Business knowledge
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Project and Programme management skills.