- This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate and talented HR leader to innovate alongside a stellar growing people team that is passionate and driven.
- You’ll be tasked with ensuring our core people processes and policies keep pace with the changes in the company and cultivate an environment where each M-KOPAn thrives.
- Prepare yourself for a growth experience that accelerates your journey as an HR professional – playing a key role on our shared services team and moving us to a progressive shared service model that supports scale into new markets.
- To be successful in this role, you will take a true partnership approach to your work, thoughtfully balancing the needs of the people team and the broader organization.
- You will also work collaboratively with HR Centers of Excellence and the HR Business Partner function to develop and deliver integrated People solutions seamlessly and assist the regions as required.
- Build and manage the HR Operations Team to meet and continually improve transactional efficiencies and develop mechanisms to promote consistency in the application of these across the HR Operations Team
- Partner effectively with our Centers of Excellence (Performance Management, Recruitment, Learning, and Development) and HRBPs to ensure HR operational processes meet business needs
- Accountable for implementation, maintenance, and management of M-KOPA’s HR Information Systems, including ensuring the establishment of an implementation plan and team, sensitization of staff, and overall adoption across the board.
- Custodian of HR policies, leading the charge in developing and documenting HR policies and guidelines. This includes managing and implementing established policies and practices as well as ensuring sensitization/awareness of these policies by all levels in the organization.
- Liaise with our Legal and Compliance team to ensure HR Compliance of policies with employment legislation and internal organizational practices. Responsible for managing, inventorying, assessing, controlling, and developing compliant policies/procedures to reduce risk
- Establish and oversee the Global HR Ticketing System (including required KPIs and SLAs) to provide greater visibility of requests/response time as well as ensure that this service meets internal and external data protection and confidentiality standards and that it is continuously developed to meet the changing needs within the organization
- Lead on process optimization to achieve excellence in transactional service delivery through removing duplication, and unnecessary steps/checks, introducing regular quality checks and defining respective roles and responsibilities with greater clarity
- Point person for people data. This entails managing general requests data from HRIS and other functions within the people team (e.g. demographic, retention, and advancement data, etc), managing historic and current data, and fulfilling one-off reporting requests to various stakeholders
- Drive effective coordination (records and document processing) between HR Shared Services and the in-house payroll management team. This also includes direct management of 3rd party contract management and payroll.
- Monitor new laws or regulations related to HR compliance and drive continuous process improvement as well as documentation
- Manage local vendor relationships and SLAs to optimize operational effectiveness and employee experience (Global Mobility, Medical, GPA/WIBA/GLA, HRIS)
- Measure and monitor existing employee relations, wellness, and welfare programs and experiences to track impact and adjust accordingly
- Develop and implement mechanisms in collaboration with HRBPs to coach line managers in handling employee issues including employment law and internal policy application queries i.e. grievance and disciplinary matters and so forth
- Develop, implement and review appropriate guidelines and procedures related to shared services and ensure all services delivered are done in line with this
- Provide line management support to the Shared Services Team through regular 1:1 meetings, feedback, and performance appraisals, along with effective coaching and direction, to ensure that process improvements are successfully articulated, agreed upon, embedded and where appropriate, reviewed.
- Place our greatest asset – OUR PEOPLE at the center of everything we do
- Work closely with HRBPs and other HR functional HoDs to improve how we manage HR transactions based on creating process efficiencies and service level improvements.
Coach, Inspire, Influence:
- Build and lead a team of operational generalists and specialists that are knowledgeable, driven, and deliver impeccable customer service
- Ensure positive internal and external working relationships within the HR Operations Team and with their stakeholders/customers;
- Provide timely and actionable feedback to your team, bring a growth mindset to developing and coaching them.
Connecting with M-KOPAns:
- Cultivate and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders, other internal teams, and most importantly within People Team to become a trusted advisor.
- Enhance information sharing, modeling transparency, and openness in how you engage.
- Lead heart first, care deeply about both people and outcomes
- Focused on ethical leadership and doing the right thing even when it’s hard.
- Passionate about modern, transformational “HR”, interest in innovation and creative HR solutions
- Ability to create effective working partnerships with key stakeholders that enable you to execute effectively
- Analytical skills- The ability to synthesize and analyze data for purposes of molding, framing, and communicating such data in the form of a business case or story, that can then be used to influence and aid business leaders in making decisions. Strong interest in leveraging data to inform decisions (don’t worry if you aren’t an expert we have some of those!)
- Change Agent – Partner senior leaders and managers in the People function to facilitate organizational and cultural change. Educate the business on HR trends that affect the business.
- Employee Advocate – build/support management capability to facilitate an open, inclusive, M-KOPA Values-based environment that enables effective employee relations. Ensure this role is perceived as an objective employee resource and escalation path for unresolved
- Able to execute in a challenging, changing, complex business environment with a special focus on multiculturalism (and internationalism).
- Knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Country labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to M-KOPA.
- M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.