- They are looking to recruit a highly qualified professional to fill the position of Head, Finance.
- The Head of Finance is responsible for overseeing all financial activities of the organization and increasing profitability.
- The Head, Finance manages the company’s financial performance and navigates business towards the delivery of its financial plan, analyzes business performance and market conditions to create forecasts and partners with senior management for the purpose of making tactical and strategic decisions that elevate business performance.
The general responsibilities of the Head, Finance are as follows:
- Design and implement strategies and mechanisms to safeguard the company’s financial assets
- Liaise with all relevant heads to develop the company’s annual corporate budget and the allocation of financial resources
- Coordinate the proactive monitoring and reporting of the budget position of all the departments and units
- Prepare budget-holder reports, identifying and providing insights on significant trends or variances
- Coordinate the development and implementation of finance and accounting policies, processes, and procedures in line with leading practices
- Allocate treasury resources and manage cash flows
- Conduct profit and cost analysis
- Coordinate the audit process and production of robust, accurate and compliant statutory reports
- Drive the financial planning of the organization by analyzing its performance and risks
- Ensure relevant accounting reconciliations (bank, intercompany, etc.) are carried out promptly
- Evaluate and decide on the right investments for the organization to earn the highest possible returns
- Recommend strategic initiatives to ensure cost optimization
- Guide management in long-term and strategic decision making
- Maintain strong working relationships with financial institutions.
- Minimum of a BSc / BA / HND in Accounting, Finance or relevant numerate field from a reputable institution
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g., ACCA/ICAN/CFA) is an added advantage
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in finance or at least 5 years of accounting or finance experience, with demonstrated progressive growth
- Deep industry knowledge.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, business presentation and analytical skills
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity, and ethical standards
- Strong business acumen, maturity, and tact, including the ability to relate with the highest levels of management of financial institutions
- Excellent appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applicable tools.