- Create and Implement the Food and Beverage Culture at Lakowe Lakes
- Develop and manage food and beverage outlet menus
- Create and manage Food and Beverage recipes for food and beverage outlets
- Implement the vision of the look and feel of each food and beverage outlet.
Lead the Food and Beverage Team:
- Manages the Food and Beverage departments.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Oversees all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
- Responds quickly and proactively to employee’s concerns.
- Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provides proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Sets clear expectations with the employees and team leaders and ensures that appropriate rewards are given if expectations are exceeded.
Develop and Maintain Budget:
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Responds quickly and proactively to guest’s concerns.
- Understands the brand’s service culture
- Ensures that all employees, team leaders and managers understand the brand’s service culture
- Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
- Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
- Ensures all banquet functions are up to standard and exceed guest’s expectations.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Prepare, utilize and update an Annual Marketing Plan, broken down as necessary by department.
- Evaluate local, national and international market trends, vendors and other hotel/restaurant operations to make sure that the hotel’s own operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
- Develop seasonal food and beverage packages to support other business initiatives.
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ensures effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and property meetings.
Experience and Education
- Culinary School Diploma or Degree in Food Service Management or related field
- At least 10 years relevant work experience.
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Previous experience as F&B personnel in a hotel
- Good level of computer literacy: MS Office
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal essential
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Ability to work all shifts, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven food and beverage management experience
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest-oriented and service-minded.