Roles and Responsibilities
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Corporate Services – General:
- Supporting the HCS in the day-to-day running of the BDHC platform. Delivering high-quality services in all Corporate Services functions.
- Responsibility for specific portfolios within the platform and all related activities.
- Ensuring excellent customer service, value for money and compliance with policies/ procedures and audit requirements.
- Setting clear performance standards and monitoring performance against Key Performance Indicators across the platform.
- Contributing to strategic planning for the platform, working with the HCS and the Nigeria Network CS Management team.
- Building and maintaining a constructive interface between Corporate Services, other sections in FCDO and external service providers.
- Long-term planning to ensure the consistent provision of Corporate Services during periods of high demand. This will include financial and team planning.
- Crisis preparedness: You will play a key role in ensuring that the BDHC is fully prepared for any crisis, coordinating preparedness across the Corporate Services team and supporting crisis logistics specifically.
- Leadership and management of projects and change management where required.
- Deputising for the HCS as required and undertaking the HCS role during periods of absence.
- Responsible for leading on all finance related process including; management of Post’s operational budget, forecasting, reconciliation and all other finance related processes. Working proactively with budget holders and the Head of Procurement to ensure accurate, timely and evidence based forecasts are produced.
- Maintaining a clear overview of financial and compliance performance at post, proactively ensuring compliance with all financial risk management and audit requirements, escalating any identified risks with identified areas for improvement.
- Leading on providing financial reports to HCS, SLT and Network Finance Manager, presenting information in a clear and accessible way to inform strategic decisions.
- Improving post capability on finance and risk management by sharing guidance, tools and training opportunities.
- Working with Nigeria Network Finance Manager to provide advice, direction and assurance on all finance issues within the category portfolio.
- Oversight and management of all IT related activities at post, including leading on IT change management activities, all major IT service incidents and IT security at post.
- Leading the IT support team to assess, diagnose and troubleshoot user and system issues. Monitoring tickets and managing through to resolution, working closely with key stakeholders and service providers, to ensure issues are resolved according to SLA’s.
- Managing IT suppliers to ensure efficient and secure service delivery, according to FCDO standards.
- Ensuring all service and support functions remain responsive to customer needs.
- Managing and communicating all technical change with appropriate governance.
- Putting in place a programme of continual service improvement across the wider service delivery function.
- Responsible for managing the Transport section by ensuring the Transport Manager provides an efficient and effective transport service.
- Working closely with the Security team and all other key stakeholders to ensure safe delivery of Transport services.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- Line management- Transport Manager (EO), 3 x ITSO officers (AO), 1 x Post Accountant (AO), 1x Fuel Officer(AO): ensuring regular feedback on their performance and conducting annual appraisals on time. Assist staff with their training and with learning and developing.
- Counter signing of up to four other AO staff.
- Oversight of 25 drivers in the Transport team.
- Oversight and management of post admin budget circa £2.3 million
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Corporate Services management or a similar environment.
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, one-to-one, group, formal presentations – ability to vary style, pace and presentation to suit the audience.
- Budget management skills/experience.
- Able to adapt to a quick changing and evolving business environment; working proactively and autonomously.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver high quality results on multiple areas of work with tight deadlines.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- ACCA/ICAN/CIMA diploma
- Minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience in IT support services and IT Management.
- Degree in Computer Science; with professional Information Systems qualifications, Microsoft would be preferable
- Experience of managing IT Service Desk processes
- Experience in user desktop support, in particular Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and MS Teams
- Knowledge of NTEs, VPNs and global communication methods.
- Good working knowledge of networking and PC infrastructure
- Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
USD 2,432.34 / Month
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
- Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- The British Deputy High Commission Lagos encourages a learning and development culture.
- Training for all aspects of the role will be available and wide varieties of personal development opportunities are available to all BDHC staff.
- If you have previously applied for this position, there is no requirement for you to resubmit your application.
Important Information / Notice
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Deputy High Commission in Lagos is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff are able to work within the BDHC but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to Obtain the relevant permit; Pay fees for the permit; Make arrangements to relocate; Meet the costs to relocation
- The British Deputy High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles
- Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position