Designation – Day Miller:
- Responsible for efficient daily milling activities to assure operations are optimized.
- The primary activities of this position include the operation of the milling process, prioritizing and assigning proactive and reactive milling maintenance, troubleshooting milling issues and maintaining quality product output.
- The role also includes activities like repairing day planning, procuring needed milling materials, controlling spare parts inventory for rolls, sifters, purifiers, and other milling equipment.
- This is a people management position and requires managing hands-on training for new and existing millers, ensuring best practice execution and performing work quality checks.
- Ensure all areas operate efficiently within agreed financial budgets.
- Purchase of all materials necessary to maintain efficient production – ensuring availability and cost-effectiveness of the purchase process.
- Handling and packaging of animal feed products and aqua feed-based products
- Control stock levels of both raw materials and finished products. Optimize inventory for efficiency in working capital deployment
- Ensure efficient response to product specifications and volume requirements (in line with forecasts and new product development)
- Maintain and monitor production in respect of output yield/extraction capacity against set targets – exceed the targets
- Continually analyse output for variances and effectively manage negative variance.
- Implement work environment safety guidelines – ensure the health and safety of all subordinates within company guidelines and current legislation
- Regularly monitor the entire operations. Hold regular health and safety meetings as chairman of the site committee
- Implement agreed on recommendations from the annual contracted audits, reduce audit observations.
- Ensure all functional managers are aware of the correct codes of practice, both statutory and advisory, that govern accepted standards of safe operation at all premises
- Ensure production plant produces minimal dust and noise both internally and externally
- Build a structured site inspection and employee training plan, ensure effective implementation of the same.
- Ensure full employee awareness of safe working practices and their role in maintaining the required standards
- Vendor management, contracts and cost control for routine services like cleaning, refuse disposal, gardening, and other routine services
- Discuss the costs and performance with external contractors to ensure cheap yet quality service, explore innovative approaches to improve delivery.
- Ensure perimeter and yard areas are well maintained, build an aesthetically pleasing workplace
- Maintain and administer all personnel records and systems relating to employees (excluding records of sickness, absenteeism and holidays, recorded in the general office)
- Coordinate with managers to ensure the safekeeping of all company agreements and financial instruments
- Encourage excellent communication across plant workplace through team briefing, formal and informal discussions. Use multi-channel communication for better outcomes.
- Coordinate with managers to identify personnel training needs. Actively promote training and personal development on site
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working, explore new possibilities.
- Performance of other management tasks may be required for the wellbeing and advancement of the business
- The candidate should have proven experience in production, milling operations role in flour/feed products, and managed large independent operations
- Excellent people management skills and should be able to lead a diversified team of different nationalities and skillsets.
- Communicate and interface with all levels of the organization and external agencies/contacts including statutory bodies
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple activities concurrently (Multitasking)
- A keen understanding of costs and a business acumen to ensure profitability is critical for the position.