- S/he will be responsible for preparing, and presentation of meals and dishes in ways that suit the requirements or orders that are placed by staff.
- The Chef will be specializes in the preparation of specific meals like salads, desserts, and pastries for staff and meetings
- The chef determines the quantity of food that will be needed within a particular time frame.
- S/he will also makes adjustments to the menu based on the availability of food items or the current season.
- S/he will regularly clean and sanitize work equipment like fryers and various kitchen surfaces.
- S/he will be willing to work at odd hours, like very early in the morning to prepare meals for the day, and to clean-up after the day’s work.
- S/he will makes sure that the kitchen is well-organized at all times.
- S/he will ensure that food is prepared as fast as possible and that a standard taste-level is maintained.
- S/he will maintains records, places necessary orders, and makes sure that food safety standards are adhered to.
- S/he will makes sure that she adhere to all set standards
- The chef will always initiate new ideas either in cooking methods or in service delivery.
- S/he will organize training for group of people on catering service from time to time
- S/he will also cook for official meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Culinary and Hospitality Management or its equivalent in any Social Science or related fields
- A minimum of one (1) year previous work experience in catering
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this positions will be on a rolling basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis.
- WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.