- Develop a conservation education outreach strategy for WCS in Yankari.
- Establish and support school conservation clubs in all support zone villages surrounding Yankari Game Reserve.
- Organise an annual World Environment Day event in collaboration with local partners, rangers, and communities.
- Organise regular community meetings to address local environmental issues and seek local solutions.
- Develop an outreach programme in local communities based on regular film shows.
- Develop and implement a monitoring programme to evaluate impacts of the education programme.
- Assist with the development and production of education materials.
- Support the work of the WCS radio programme in Bauchi State.
- Work with school conservation clubs to promote awareness of conservation through field trips, exchange visits, discussion groups, art competitions, essay writing, quizzes, and debates etc.
- Work with school conservation clubs to encourage active participation in conservation such as the establishment of tree nurseries and the planting of trees etc.
- Relevant University Degree preferably in education or natural resource management.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in education or natural resource management.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with diverse people.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Pro-active, stable and robust character and a good team-player
- Full professional proficiency in English and Hausa.
- Ability to develop clear goals and identify priority activities and assignments
- Demonstrated experience in education and community outreach.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates, who meet the above qualifications, skills, and experience, should send their detailed Application / Cover Letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three (3) references to: [email protected] using “Yankari Conservation Education Officer” as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- WCS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce.
- We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value