- We wish to recruit a talented and God-fearing Compliance Associate who believes in local organizations, that not all Nigerians are corrupt but instead believes in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of the Nigerian can be better than the rest.
- Someone who shares these ideologies and who sees helping vulnerable populations such as widows and OVC as a calling from the Almighty God.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring WEWE’s full compliance with the Nine Statutory regulations and other secondary regulators such as:
- Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
- National Housing Fund (NHF)
- Industrial Training Funding (ITF)
- Financial Reporting Council (FRC)
- Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Federal Inland Revenue (FIRS)
- State Inland Revenue (SIRS).
- National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS)
- The Special Control Unit Against Money Laundering (“SCUML”).
- Ensure all withholding is remitted as and as when due
- Process annual organizational tax clearance
- Ensure PAYE tax is remitted to the relevant tax authority
- Ensure monthly remittance of staff pension benefits to the relevant pension managers by the Organization.
- Processing of all regulatory bodies’ compliance certificates – such as the PENCOM Certificate and NSITF Annual Certificate
- Periodically Identify non-compliance issues and provide advice on required remediation
- File and document compliance activities and reports with regulatory agencies
- Report to management and the Board of Directors on compliance program
- Develop an annual work plan to increase WEWE’s level of compliance.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Must possess a second class upper / Upper credit or above
- Candidates with ICAN or ACCA qualification or equivalent
- Skills in working with statutory bodies will be added advantage.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.