Duties / Responsibilities
- The Provost as the Chief Academic Officer/Chief Executive Officer of the College shall be responsible for the day-to-day running and management of the College.
- To provide academic and professional leadership in the execution of policy guidelines laid down by the Governing Council and as provided for in the College Law.
- Maintain discipline, cater for the welfare of staff and students and perform such other functions as may be conferred upon him/her by the Law establishing the College/Governing Council.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Possession of a Doctoral Degree in a relevant course of study in the College.
- Must be a Chief lecturer with Education background and with at least five (5) years’ experience on the rank.
- Must possess at least 15 years post working qualification experience in teaching and Research experience in the College of Education system.
- In addition, must have held a senior teaching Research and a top Administrative position.
- Must not be more than 60 years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
- Must show evidence of Academic and Administrative Leadership.
- Must show evidence of professional standing/honours including registration with TRCN, proficiency in ICT and evidence of ability to attract funding to the College.
- The tenure of the Provost is a single tenure of 5 years as provided for by the College Law effective from the date of appointment.
Terms / Conditions of Service
- The Principal Officer’s terms/conditions of service are as contained in the law establishing the College, beginning from the effective date of the appointment and on such terms and conditions as maybe specified in the letter of appointment and/or as applicable to Edo State public service.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should attach to their Applications, ten (10) copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full names with surname underlined
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin/Local Government Area
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Current postal address including telephone numbers and email address.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic/professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of professional bodies/associations
- Previous employment(s) with post held with dates
- Present employment indicating present status and salary
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees.
All Applications should be addressed to:
The Honourable Commissioner for Education,
Ministry of Education,
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes to:
Edo State College of Education (Edo CoE) Liaison Office,
C/o EDSG John Odigie Oyegun Public Service Academy,
Ground Floor, Central Road,
GRA, Benin City.
- Applicants should request their Referees to forward confidential reports on the them directly to the address above.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.