- The College Librarian has the responsibility for administering the College library and providing Library services to the entire College Community. He reports to the provost.
- Candidates must possess minimum of a Master’s Degree in Library Science from a recognised University and should in addition, have at least 18 years relevant experience.
- He/she must also have contributed to knowledge through research and publication in reputable journals, such publications and books should be at the level required of a Chief Lecturer
- Computer literacy and familiarity with the operation of computerized library services will be an advantage.
- Candidates should have worked at the level of Chief Librarian for not less than 5 years
- Candidates must not be more than 59 years at the time of assumption of duty.
Conditions of Service
- The Conditions of Service are the same as those obtainable in Federal Colleges of Education system in Nigeria.
- Salary and other fringe benefits are as applicable to Principal Officers of Federal Colleges of Education.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typed written copies of Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of all relevant documents. The CV should contain these details in the following order:
- Full Names (Surname first and underlined)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Post Desired
- Marital Status
- Current Postal Address including phon number and email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations / Bodies
- Work experience in chronological sequence
- Conferences / workshops attended with dates
- Publications in Standard Form
- Present Employer, Status and Salary
- Names and Addresses of three (3) References, one of whom must be the present employer.
Applications are to be submitted under Confidential Cover, in an envelope marked at upper left-hand corner “College Librarian” and forwarded to:
Federal College of Education, Okene,
P. M. B. 1026, Okene,
- Reports from the three referees are to be forwarded directly to the “Registrar and Secretary to Council”.
- Such Referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capability as well as noted uprightness.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.