Task / Responsibilities
- The COP is responsible for developing a strong, coherent vision and initiating innovative strategies across the program activities.
- They will act as the key liaison between the donor and all other counterparts, including government officials.
- The COP will lead and/or participate in strategic and high-level policy forums and meetings with various actors and advocate for broader technical issues.
- The COP will also ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation and the timely submission of all deliverables to the donor.
- Develop strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with USAID guidelines to achieve project objectives;
- Ensure high quality technical leadership and oversight is in place for the program;
- Lead the team to provide proper coordination and guidance among partners, NGOs and other key stakeholders;
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation;
- Establish compliance with USG regulations, procedures and ECEWS guidelines;
- Represent ECEWS with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, local ministries, and the Program team;
- Establish effective communication and coordination with personnel from the government in order to implement interventions and incorporate country-wide priorities;
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where the project team strives to achieve excellence;
- Closely monitor security dynamics in the project areas and report to the CEO on significant changes in the security context.
Reporting / Supervision:
- This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer of ECEWS and USAID Agreement Officer’s Representative (AOR)
At a minimum, the candidate should possess:
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in Public Health or Medicine
- Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description.
- Progressive senior level management experience in managing complex public health programs, or programs of similar size and complexity, including demonstrable experience in design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities of similar size and complexity in Nigeria or a similar setting.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party.
We have a competitive compensation package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Human Resources Unit” via: [email protected]
- Application must explicitly state your full names with the position and location applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)