- Oversees the planning, monitoring and processes for all assigned responsibilities.
- Coordinates and manages relationships with key stakeholders.
- Serves as a thought leader for innovative solutions and platforms to address business needs.
- Develops and implements new or revised policies and procedures to ensure proper implementation of programs and services.
- Ensures technical implementation is consistent with best practices in the industry.
- Provides technical advice to management and other functional areas to improve or change processes or enhance systems.
- Assists with budget planning, resources, objectives and strategic planning for department and make sure they align with organizational goals.
- Manages and trains staff on policies and procedures to achieve department goals and meet required deadlines and ensure overall completion of projects and technology updates.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with information technology and systems, particularly DHIS 2 and Power BI.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management and technical skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, negotiates and works well with others.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of complex scope that require in depth evaluation of data and various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, for obtaining results.
- Decisions made generally affect company operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
- Manages staff to meet departmental and organizational strategic goals.
- Accounts for the budget, procedures, and training of staff to achieve results.
- Develops and recommends solutions to management meet internal and external needs of the company.
- Reports to Director, Business Solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
- Typically requires 8+ years of information technology and systems management experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior experience working in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.