Main Accountabilities (but not limited to the following)
The appointed candidate will have the following accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Could play a leadership role on a specific component of a larger project or programme
- Manages delivery teams and/or project team.
- Leads on relationships at a project/programme level.
- Holds delivery partners to account including supply chain management where applicable.
- manage and control the agreed budget, expenditure and income against plans, ensure accuracy of reports and ensure sound financial management and analysis across the portfolio through monthly finance reviews and quarterly business reviews.
- Ensures that every project/programme is compliant with all internal policies and processes (for example safeguarding, EDI, supply change management, social value and conflict sensitivity).
- Undertakes programme-specific data collection as needed and works with colleagues to identify indicators and tools for data collection, quality assures all data, and undertakes basic analysis.
- Supports the design of results-based programmes including development of basic Monitoring & Evaluation plans and results frameworks.
- As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Foundation level Project Management qualification (in-house training or evidence of CPD in this area could be considered)
- Experience of managing multi country or large in-country programmes that have met project closure and audit standards.
- Knowledge/ and.or experience of working with at least two types of funding sources within a structured compliance regime.
- Experience of client management, partner management and/or contract management.
- Experience of managing a wide range of stakeholders.
- More than three years’ experience managing projects or managing aspects of programmes in the arts & culture sector in Nigeria
- Experience in spotting risk in a project or programme and putting together successful risk mitigation with SRO
- Understanding of MEL principles
- Experience of managing teams.
- Experience of conducting lessons learned reviews/After action reviews to inform future programme design and management.
- More than 5 years’ experience managing projects / programmes
- Experience of managing dispersed teams.
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Role could require some domestic and international travel as required by the programme and some out of hours and evening work responding to or driven by programme/portfolio needs
- If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
- Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.