- Assist the Activity Accounting Officer to manage the Activity’s accounting system and reporting process, ensuring completeness of ledgers and all supporting documentation and compliance with IITA and Donors’ finance and procurement regulations.
- Prepare payment schedules for payments from the Activity’s Imprest account as well as payments from the HQ Finance Directorate.
- Ensure Expenses are authorized and processed in accordance with agreed procedures for both IITA and donors.
- Prepare petty cash payments, journals and vouchers and ensure these are posted into the general and other account ledgers.
- Process advances and claims for payment and maintain cash advances register for follow-up on the reimbursement of advances, accounting for Activity payables and receivables.
- Maintaining accounting records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, well archived and safeguarded.
- Prepare invoices and chargeback statements for services provided to individuals or other institutions and partners.
- Prepare a statement of expenditure (SOE) as required by the donor for justification of advances, direct payments, and replenishment of accounts.
- Monitor the processing of program cash/travel advances, expense claims and reimbursement by activity staff.
- Respond to account inquiries and provide prompt feedback to users.
- File and keep activity’s accounting supporting documents and records.
- Track and monitor resource needs and other material needs for carrying out financial tasks.
- Assist in the organization and management of internal and external audits and compliance checks.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- BSc / HND in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related fields.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience performing a similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent computer skills with a good grasp and knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications. Good knowledge of Oracle
- Applications will be an added advantage.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment.
- Have Proficiency in the English language with excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Be a fast learner and pay attention to details.
- Have personal integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
- Applications must include a Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, Names and Addresses of three Professional Referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
- The application should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.