Internal Control and Documentation
- Maintain complete accounting records including completing vouchers, obtaining proper authorizations and preparing reconciliations.
- Responsible for day to day maintenance of petty cash and petty cash replenishment request.
- Process financial transactions related to office and project expenditures and lead in maintaining an effective filing system for financial transactions.
- Monitor bank transactions and maintain audit trail for all transactions.
- Ensure proper tracking of project advances to staff.
- Maintain equipment inventory in accordance with established procedures.
Budget and Annual Plans
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparing budgets for funding proposals and annual institutional budgeting.
- Support preparation of monthly reports/reconciliations and year-end reconciliation of accounts.
Administration, Human Resource and Logistics
- Assist the HR Manager in monitoring staff leave.
- Support in management of program vehicles (registration, insurance, repairs, and maintenance).
- Support in the general management of the Yankari office, including procurement of office supplies, furniture and equipment, security arrangement and supervision of maintenance and cleaning.
- Assist in logistics and travel planning.
- Perform other accounting/administrative related duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in financial management.
- Relevant University Degree preferably in accountancy or related field.
- Ability to develop clear goals and identify priority activities and assignments
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with diverse people.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Pro-active, stable and robust character and a good team-player
- Full professional proficiency in English and Hausa
How to apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, skills, and experience, should apply by emailing a detailed application/cover letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: [email protected] Please include “Yankari Accountant and Admin Officer” in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.