Want to find out the job description and average salary of a storekeeper job in Nigeria? You are in the right place. In this post, we will give you all the vital information you need about a storekeeper job in Nigeria.
Who is a storekeeper?
A storekeeper is a person who takes new merchandise that has arrived in the warehouse, checks for any damage or mislabeling, and gets it to where it needs to be stocked. Storekeepers frequently utilize handheld tracking scanners to ensure that the correct things are in the correct location and to update inventory records.
When goods arrive at the warehouse, a storekeeper is normally in charge of unloading them once they arrive.
Signing off on shipments, sorting the items, unpacking, and inspecting them for quality are standard tasks.
Storekeepers must pay attention to how items are placed and sorted when stocking shelves, which requires more than just putting things away.
Clothing, for example, must be sorted by size, and perishable commodities must be exhibited according to their expiration date or utilizing a promotional display.
In recent years, storekeeping has required the use of technology as warehouses increase their use of automation and computers.
To keep track of inventories, most of them use tablets or hand-held PCs. These computers can automatically recognize when and where things are moved thanks to new sensors and tags, making clerks’ work easier.
A storekeeper is responsible for the following:
- Keeping track of all products that are sent, received, or transported from one location to another.
- Compiling reports on various areas of production and inventory changes.
- Checking records for accuracy before finding, sorting, or moving commodities across different divisions of the firm.
Where can a storekeeper work?
They can work in a grocery store, electronics store, department store, factory, or warehouse.
They usually work Monday through Friday shifts, while some work nights, weekends, or holidays when significant shipments arrive,
What are the qualities of a good storekeeper?
A good storekeeper must have the following qualities
- Physical strength
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good coordination abilities
- Ability to persuade a group of individuals to complete a task
- Computer knowledge and strong data entry skills
- Ability to Keep and maintain a precise stock level
- A good storekeeper is someone who regularly ensures stock availability by preventing stock-outs
- A good storekeeper must regularly follow safety procedures to avoid accidents
- Ability to effectively manage inventory without any shortages or discrepancies.
- He or she must be able to keep track of all stock purchases and availability.
Average monthly salary of storekeeper jobs in Nigeria
Based on salary estimates from 109 storekeepers in Lagos, the average monthly salary for a storekeeper in Nigeria is 72,000 Naira.
However, entry-level storekeepers can earn as low as 57,000 Naira while a mid-entry storekeeper earns around 78,000 Naira. A senior-level storekeeper which is also known as a store manager earns an average of 134,000 Naira monthly.
A storekeeper is a person who takes new merchandise that has arrived in the warehouse, checks for any damage or mislabeling, and gets it to where it needs to be stocked. Storekeepers use handheld tracking scanners to ensure that the correct things are in the correct location.
A storekeeper is responsible for keeping track of all products that are sent, received, or transported. They can work in a grocery store, electronics store, department store, factory, or warehouse. The average monthly salary for a storekeeper in Nigeria is 72,000 Naira.
how much is the salary of a storekeeper in Nigeria
store keeper salary in Nigeria
store keeper interview questions
store keeper qualification
warehouse keeper salary
store keeper duties and responsibilities